Management Analyst IV / Business Operations Director
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Fairfax County Government
- Leads, plans and manages the CSB's business operations to include front desk processes, which includes account setups and management within an EHR, pre-registrations and registrations, client benefits and enrollment assistance, records management, client records requests, and annual reviews, medication access assistance.
- Analyzes the current health care environment for opportunities to increase insurance coverage status among CSB clients to maximize revenue reimbursement to the CSB.
- Serves as the CSB's expert related to the public and private insurance marketplace to negotiate new provider and/or single case agreements.
- Ensures efficient resource utilization in alignment with CSB service delivery system and business goals.
- Establishes staffing priorities, develop plans to achieve them, monitors implementation, measure and reports outcomes for budget development and revisions, and conducts service delivery planning.
- Convenes Annual Fee Policy Review Workgroups (staff and board) to provide analyses and comparative data to inform decisions on changing the fee schedule based on financial and compliance information.
Note: To learn more about careers that make a difference, watch our video " CSB: Making a Difference in Our Community " or click here (Download PDF reader) to read more.Illustrative Duties
Directs and manages long-term, large-scale, high-priority, sensitive programs/projects that are multi-disciplinary and involve multiple agencies;
Manages a group of professionals engaged in diverse administrative and management support activities;
Establishes and implements program policies, develop and manages the budget for designated programs;
Ensures County programs reach the intended populations and targeted benefactors;
Directs research and evaluation of trends in applicable areas of responsibility;
Develops long- and short-term goals, objectives and solutions for division;
Interfaces with central County staff departments (such as DMB, DHR, Finance, Purchasing and Supply Management) for seamless collaboration;
Provides consultation on strategic planning, organizational development and redesign projects;
Prepares for and presents to County Board of Supervisors (or Committee) regarding areas of expertise and responsibility.Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Extensive knowledge of the mission, goals, objectives, funding sources, organizational structure, workload, and staffing of the organizational unit or program to which incumbent is assigned;
Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to the functional area of business operation;
Extensive knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements governing application of program funding, execution of program activities, and achievement of program outcomes;
Knowledge of the legislative and executive decision making processes;
Knowledge of the project management life cycle and its supporting phases;
Ability to identify organizational problems, evaluate possible solutions, and select and implement the most advantageous course of action;
Ability to identify and determine appropriate methods for gathering data;
Ability to make oral presentations to department management, other departments, or the public;
Ability to write detailed, accurate reports, grants, or solicitations for pertinent areas of administration;
Ability to manage professional and paraprofessional employees including coaching, counseling, training, and evaluation.Employment Standards
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in fields related to the assigned functional areas; plus five years of professional work experience within more than one of the assigned functional areas.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a driving record check, a Child Protective Services Registry, a credit check, and a check with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) to the satisfaction of the employer.
Master's degree in business, finance, health care administration or similar field; plus at least ten years of experience working in similar increasing management positions within the behavioral health care environment; extensive knowledge of public/private insurance marketplace and experience working with insurance companies in negotiating provider agreements; extensive experience managing a diverse business support staff throughout multiple centers/sites.
Ability to use keyboard; ability to transport self to CSB sites throughout the county; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. All duties perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview, may include written exercise
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact for assistance. TTY . EEO/AA/TTY.