Associate Director for Graduate Admissions - Graduate School of Arts a
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Associate Director, Graduate Admissions - Graduate Admissions Office
The Associate Director, Graduate Admissions supports the Associate Dean in the management of technical, administrative, and personnel operations in the Graduate Admissions Office. The position includes both overall managerial duties pertinent to an admissions office, as well as specific duties that require special analytical and technical knowledge. The Associate Director, Graduate Admissions supports the Associate Dean in the management of technical, administrative, and personnel operations in the Graduate Admissions Office. The position includes both overall managerial duties pertinent to an admissions office, as well as specific duties that require special analytical and technical knowledge.
This position specifically supports the Senior Associate Director in the maintenance of technical processes, as assigned. These processes may include imports or exports of admissions data; coordination of data loading processes, error management / database exception reporting, and technical troubleshooting for identified issues and problems. Duties include but are not limited:
Application Review and Processing
- Reviews of program recommended decisions on applicant files (total applications = 12,000+).
- Responsible for evaluation of regular and special student admission decisions, wait listed, deferred, and denied applicants.
- Analyzes applicants' academic credentials for adherence to minimum admissions standards set by the Graduate Executive Committee, and for adherence to higher admissions requirements set by individual programs.
- Translates documents and verify transcript authenticity based on the particular system of education evaluated.
- Identifies degrees awarded and evaluate equivalencies to US degrees. Review calculated GPAs.
- Prepares written offers of admission that incorporate missing requirements into the written "contract" offered by the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Responsible for maintaining the academic integrity of the Graduate School through detailing appropriate conditions of admission to applicants.
- Coordinates admissions effort with other staff for fellowship/scholarship offers and identify international students needing immigration information.
- Works closely with admissions colleagues to manage technical and functional aspects of admissions system operations and processing.
- Resolves issues through technical troubleshooting and exception reporting.
- Works to coordinate internal and external training documentation and training plans for program admissions staff/contacts.
- Manages automated prospective student communications plans for programs.
- Uploads prospective student data.
- Trains staff on use of technology.
- Updates admissions website.
Data Management and Reporting
- Manages reporting for operational needs and program needs via COGNOS and Pyramid systems.
- Analyzes trends for programs in admissions and enrollment.
- Responsible for developing reporting to support the prospect and admissions cycles.
Advising and Recruitment
- Serves as an advisor to faculty, staff, and students regarding the policies and procedures of the Graduate School, the admissions process, admissions systems, and admissions program requirements.
- Answers prospect and applicants' questions via e-mail and phone.
- Maintains knowledge of admissions requirements for approximately 125 programs.
- Recruits and counsels prospective students for the following purposes: to bring awareness and information regarding GU programs to prospective students, to explain the quality of education offered at Georgetown, and to work toward bringing highly qualified students to Georgetown for the enhancement of research, discourse, and teaching.
- Recruitment includes: working with students via phone, email, and in person at the office; attending graduate education fairs; participating in information sessions and online chat sessions; coordinating meetings and making presentations for special groups (e.g., McNair Scholars, Grad. information session groups, ESL students, college honors and minority groups).
Other Duties as Assigned
- Participates in strategic planning for operations with the Associate Dean and admissions staff; assists with duties of other operations in the Graduate School (e.g. graduation, registration, enrolled student service issues, transfer of matriculated student files).
- Handles admissions duties of other staff during absences/leave, documentation of admissions procedures, specialized training, and supervision of temp staff.
- Participates in/supports general Graduate School events and initiatives (e.g. commencement, new student events, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education admissions
- Administrative experience; management and supervisory experience
- Systems and data management experience
- Expertise in foreign credential evaluation, international educational systems; translation/language skills
- Computer skills, experience in database management; ApplyYourself and Banner Student System experience essential; Slate CRM System experience and skills desired
- Imperative to have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects sharing similar timelines
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .