Senior Coordinator, IEM-ISS Services
Posted on Dec 1, 2018 by NAFSA: Association of International Educators
Position Summary: The International Enrollment Management (IEM) and International Students and Scholars (ISS) unit is broadly responsible for the strategy, development, and promotion of educational and regulatory resources for international education professions who work in a variety of areas such as recruiting, credential evaluation, admissions, enrollment management, advising, cultural programming, program administration, human resources, and immigration and institutional compliance. The Senior Coordinator provides administrative support to the five staff members of the unit and to the NAFSA volunteer leader groups for the Knowledge Community for International Students and Scholars (KC ISSS), the Knowledge Community for International Enrollment Management (KC IEM) and the International Student & Scholar Regulatory Practice (ISS-RP) Committee.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage the administrative support for the ISS-IEM unit (20%)
- Facilitate the ISS-IEM unit's work related to member leader groups (20%)
- Manage technical aspects of ISS-IEM services and products (25%)
- Provide customer service, technical, and administrative support for NAFSA Adviser's Manual 360 (25%)
- Complete additional objectives as assigned by the supervisor (10%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two years of previous work experience, preferably in an office or an administrative environment
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, with strong editorial capabilities (writing, editing, proofreading)
- A track record of excellent customer relations support using a variety of communication mediums and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems
- Previous customer support or technical support experience
- Experience with or knowledge of international education
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association, membership or nonprofit organization
- Exposure to event coordination or planning
- Experience with database software, as well as various web or cloud-based conferencing platforms
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference or other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world's largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace to all employees. Learn more about NAFSA at .