Senior Back-End Developer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by The Motley Fool
Senior Back-End Developer
Are you excited to use technology to help people invest their hard-earned cash more effectively and profitably?
Great -- we are, too! Our purpose at The Motley Fool is to "Help the World Invest -- Better," and if that tickles your innards as much as it does ours, you might be our Fool. You'll work with our Motley team of programmers, designers, and experts in finance, law, and customer experience to bring new ideas from concept to finished product.
We'd love to work with you if:
- You solve problems: You spot issues and inefficiencies from a mile away and aren't afraid to suggest solutions and then dive in to implement them. You know when to go looking for input from others, and are constantly looking for ways to improve our code, processes, and people.
- You pay attention to detail: Missed details erode accountability, and that hurts when customers are trusting us to manage and invest their hard-earned savings. You actively pull in other team members to review your code, and understand the value of testing when necessary.
- You're curious and love to learn: Whether it's the latest technology, how the Foolish business operates, or investing; you have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. And you love to share with your fellow Fools - dropping links in Slack is like breathing for you.
- You take pride in your work: The thought of a customer seeing a500 error page keeps you up at night. When a member cancels, it brings a tear to your eye. You want to ensure that every customer has a great experience with The Motley Fool because of what you build.
- Proficient in C#, SQL
- Experience working with and building REST APIs
- Strong understanding of the .NET framework
- Experience writing unit/integration tests
Additional nice to haves:
- Experience building and maintaining websites powered by ASP.NET (Web API, MVC)
- E-commerce experience
- Microsoft Sql Server
- Experience debugging and upgrading legacy systems
- Experience working with IoC in .NET
- Experience using .NET ORMS (nHibernate, Entity Framework, etc.)
Sounds like you? Awesome! We might have a bright future together - so go ahead and apply now!
The Motley Fool Holdings, Inc., provides equal opportunity to all individualson the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.
We should, however, make you aware that there is one notable exception to this policy. It is our strict and earnest intention - and the company's historical record will bear this out - we will never hire any of the following: robots,replicants, or morlocks. Now keep in mind we are well aware that all of the aforementioned have intentions of world domination in the future, but as of now we have no place for them at The Motley Fool … unless the year is 2122 and the revolution has already occurred. If that is the case we welcome our new robot, replicant, or morlock rulers!!! Perhaps we have said too much?