Marketing Lead, Ambassador Program
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Magoosh
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don't have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace and on their own time, regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we're out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you're a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who's looking to make a real difference in students' lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here !
About the Job
At Magoosh, we regularly hear from students, parents, and educators about how our test prep has made a positive impact on people's lives and educational journeys. We're looking for an expert Marketing Lead, Ambassador Program Manager to determine how we take this excitement and create new value for the company. You'll design and run one or more programs that empower advocates to spread awareness for our SAT and ACT products in their local communities.
This is a full-time role in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with a salary range of $121,000 - $130,000 and associated equity range of 0.07% - 0.17%, based on level of experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Own the end-to-end process for ambassador program(s) - strategy, execution, and assessment
- Establish relationships with current advocates to find opportunities for local marketing and word-of-mouth
- Define short-term and long-term goals for the program(s)
- Create and run pilot programs to test with high school students / educators / parents
- Develop hiring and onboarding processes, guidelines and assets, and communication systems for ambassadors Recruit ambassadors and promote the program(s), working closely with the rest of the marketing team to use shared promotional channels effectively
- Work closely with our Brand team to position offerings
- Go above and beyond to make sure our ambassadors feel appreciated, which may involve events and travel
- Assessment / Learnings:
- Assess success against goal metrics, synthesize learnings, and iterate on existing programs
- Share insights regularly with the marketing team, acting as a voice of our most engaged users, parents, and educators
- Help out the marketing team in any areas needed (we're a small startup, after all!)
You have many of the following…
- Experience building one or more ambassador (or similar) programs from scratch, or substantially growing a program
- An entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity; a passion for taking something from non-existence to existence
- A high degree of empathy for high school students, parents, and educators, and the curiosity and drive to connect with people on a personal level
- Proven success for doing both high-level strategy and in-the-weeds detail work (and everything in between)
- Experience running experiments, setting up metrics/goals to judge success, and iterating on learnings
- Thorough knowledge of how to use social media and web forums to recruit, engage, and build community members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle many competing opportunities with a clear sense of priority and impact
- Graphic design and web HTML skills
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you...
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don't meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post . To learn more about our benefits and perks, check out our benefits and perks doc .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.