Environmental Program Coordinator (Seattle, WA)
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Do you possess five plus years' experience in EHSS or related field and an ambition to solve difficult problems with elegant solutions? Are you detail oriented and highly organized? Are you experienced in regulatory compliance including state and federal EPA, DOT, and DHS? Do you have a knack for identifying process improvement opportunities? Can you collaborate in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment? If you said yes to these questions, we'd like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an Environmental Program Coordinator position to support the EHSS compliance and reporting needs of the Company.
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Environmental Program Coordinator is experienced within the Environmental, Health and Safety field. This individual will act as a safety and environmental leader and trusted resource within Wilbur-Ellis. Work will include program manager and coordinator responsibilities to facilitate protection of the company's most valuable assets, its people and the communities we serve. Wilbur-Ellis Company has facilities all over the globe, and travel to environmental training courses, North America project sites, and domestic meetings will be required.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, chemistry, or other scientific field (5+ years relevant military experience or prior relevant job experience may be considered in lieu of bachelor's degree)
- Knowledge and experience on EPA Risk Management and OSHA Process Safety Management programs
- Knowledge and experience on SARA reporting, or willingness to learn
- Knowledge and experience with Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures Program Management, or willingness to learn
- Knowledge and experience with Safety Data Sheet authoring, or willingness to learn
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Very comfortable and proficient with computer software and technology
- Available for limited overnight travel up to 25%
- More travel for training and skills development may be required up front
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Problem solver, problem solver, problem solver
- Analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Looks for the root cause to problems, and designs solutions at the lowest level
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with highly diverse groups of people
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Customer service oriented
- Responds promptly to service requests
- Good listening skills, builds strong relationships, flexible and open minded
- Uses diplomacy and tact to negotiate effectively
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables:
- Serve as a safety and environmental leader within the company.
- Subject matter expert - environmental compliance and best practices
- Assist with environmental strategic planning and goal setting
- Assist with identifying environmental liability exposures and treating those exposures with appropriate controls
- Further develop and maintain the following compliance programs:
- Risk Management and Process Safety Management Programs
- Safety Data Sheet Authoring Program
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures (SPCC) Program
- Assist with other Environmental and Safety compliance program management as needed
- Assist with annual SARA reporting (TRI and TIER II) as needed
- Assist with environmental site investigations (Phase I, Phase II), including Environmental Due Diligence conducted for property transactions as needed
- Assist with the maintenance of the electronic environmental compliance management system and monitor status of all environmental compliance activities relevant to job responsibilities
- Manage and route vendor invoices and project documentation
- Communicate effectively by phone, e-mail, memo, and in person with Company personnel, regulatory agency contacts, and consultants
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive health and retirement offering benefits
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.