Quality Technician I - Sort
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Arconic
900 East Watson Center RoadCarson, CA
QA - Quality Control
Job Description Arconic Fastening Systems is looking for a Quality Tech I who is responsible for production and repair of various machine tooling within drawing and specification requirements. This includes being able to work with multiple departments as well as individual needs to rework existing tooling and meet production requirements as well as company goals.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Fastening Systems, a business unit of Arconic, holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFS employs over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 31 locations.
Quality Tech I - Sort Essential Job Duties
- Be able to identify configuration of one part from another to prevent mixing of part numbers
- Perform required visual inspection while performing manual sorting
- Develop skills to operate automated sorting equipment
- Understand work procedures and router sequence
- Act as back-up for material handling activities when needed
- Ensure all pans are properly identified
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement daily by actions. Take the initiative to resolve materials related issues with interaction from supervision
- Participate with production teams to resolve production issues
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of manufacturing operations
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Report all incidents including injuries, spills, fires, property damage, and near misses to their supervisor