Plant Operations Manager
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Arconic
71 Progress AvenueCranberry Township, PA
At least 5 year(s)
Job Description Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
Building and Construction Systems , a business unit of Arconic, is the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We have an immediate opening for a Plant Operations Manager to support our Kawneer (TRACO) business line in Cranberry Township, PA. The Plant Operations Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and strategic direction to the Kawneer Cranberry Team. In addition, the role is responsible to manage the building/department managers and supervisors, assist them to build sustainable systems to meet customer demands and drive operational excellence across all department.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership and coordinate strategic business initiatives required to drive cost and process improvements throughout the manufacturing operations in pursuit of operational excellence and high customer standards;
- Operate the plant in a safe, responsible manner by continually improving our EHS performance to achieve an EHS incident free workplace;
- Maintain customer needs and requirements when making decisions within all plant processes from production, quality, maintenance and shipping;
- Support and apply ABS in all levels of production;
- Responsible for driving improvements of quality systems and operational procedures;
- Work to achieve high levels of performance by achieving returns that exceed our cost of capital and cash-flow objectives;
- Create a working environment which employees treat each other with dignity and respect by understanding each other's ideas and individual differences;
- Build and maintain community relationships through strategic community interactions and relationships with state and local governmental officials.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing and / or industrial plant experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.