Automated Inspections Engineer
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Arconic
At least 3 year(s)
Job Description Arconic is currently in search of an Automated Inspections Engineer to join their Aerospace and Automotive Products Business Unit in Davenport, IA. Since it opened in 1948, Arconic's Davenport aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs over 2,500 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 20 percent of revenues coming from exports.
Through continued modernization, including a $300 million investment to increase automotive sheet production, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace supply plant and is today a hub of Arconic's $4 billion aerospace business.
The Automated Inspections Engineer will:
- Provide engineering support for Surface Quality Monitoring (SQM) Systems within Davenport and Satellites.
- Design, purchase, install, and support maintenance of SQM systems for Davenport and Satellites.
- Maintain linkage with Corporate SQM resources in the Center of Excellence (COE).
- Identify new opportunities for automated inspection systems to add business value
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience designing, installing, maintaining electromechanical systems or inspection systems.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with optical scanning or vision systems
- Demonstrated success as a project implementation manager, including budget and schedule development.