Casting Technician - Weekend Midnight Shift
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
9 Roy StreetDover, NJ
Job Description This position is responsible for pouring the molten metal into the casting molds.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principles.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Melts and pours alloy into refractory molds in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Operates complex vacuum and air melt equipment.
- Generates written reports and maintains department records.
- Inspects refractory molds prior to casting.
- Trains colleagues.
- Notifies supervision or Engineering of problems with molds, equipment, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must complete Casting Training Program
- The employee is also required to fulfill the requirements of a Mold Handler due to the nature of the job and the variability that it requires
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENT USED
- Requires lifting of up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis (up to 33% of an 8 hour day) from waist/ knuckle to shoulder/ overhead height.
- Any weights over 70 lbs. require the use of assistive devices and/ second person assist, if and when possible.
- Pushing and pulling tasks performed using a 4-wheeled cart, involves weights up to 300 lbs. or more.
- Employee will lift up to 50 lbs. with mold handler tongs, which would be required on the job occasionally.
- Must work in a hot, industrial environment.
- Lifting devices
- Vacuum Casting Units
- Capable of performing mold inspection function
- Able to communicate well with others
- Must be able to perform basic math skills
- Comfortable working with computers.
Training may be temporarily scheduled on a shift other than the shift listed above.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.