Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
6833 West Willis RoadChandler, AZ
2 to 5 years
Job Description Arconic is looking for a Tooling Supervisor who is responsible for the acceptance, inspection, inventory, maintenance and repair or replacement of tooling and dies in support of production to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the Company. This position is based in our Chandler, AZ facility.
Arconic creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists in the development and implementation of an inventory system for the effective management and control of all in-process production tooling;
- Executes responsibilities for assigned shift based on best practices in the extrusion industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling of repair/rework and predictive maintenance of in-process tools, dies and patterns
- Monitors the use and inventory of in-process tools, tooling maintenance equipment and supplies and initiates reordering/rework of tools and dies when necessary
- Ensures that tooling maintenance personnel follow purchasing procedures and coordinates material requirements to support on-going and future tooling maintenance actions
- Informs Department Manager of tooling asset status and condition to assure departmental capability is known at all times; Makes budget recommendations based on tool set needs
- Develops inspection techniques to catalogue tool wear over extended periods of time;
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving tool and die usage and, thereby quality of forged product
- Implements improvements proactively with Management buy-in
- Ensures that tooling employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the tooling maintenance and inspection program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Communicates regularly with operations personnel, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning in-process tooling maintenance issues;
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to measure competency, knowledge, and contribution of the inspectors and welders;
- Ensures that all departmental personnel on assigned shift are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures and quality documents;
- Responsible for tool logistics including assessment, repair/rework, acquisition and delivery and receipt
- Coordinates the day-to-day actions required to carry out project implementations that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Performs related duties as assigned.
M+W US, Inc.