Auto Coil Finishing Coordinator
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
300 South Hall RoadAlcoa, TN
At least 5 year(s)
Job Description Arconic is looking for an Auto Coil Finishing Coordinator to join our Global Rolled Products (GRP) business unit in Alcoa, TN.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
Global Rolled Products (GRP), is a dynamic global organization that offers the widest variety of aluminum plate and sheet in the world. GRP is made up of Arconic's rolling operations around the world with manufacturing and commercial sites in North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia, Australia and Russia. GRP is an approximately $8 billion global business.
As suppliers to the aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, building and construction, industrial, and packaging and consumer goods markets, our high-quality materials are the foundation for many products that touch everyday life.
The Auto Coil Finishing Coordinator will be responsible for the 24/7 operation of the Continuous Heat Treat Furnace at Tennessee Operations. The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of safely producing quality automotive sheet through the TN Continuous Heat Treat Furnace. Specifically, the successful candidate will be accountable for Environmental, Health, and Safety results, productivity improvements, employee development, maximizing the value of diversity, and customer delivery through implementation of ABS principles, including Daily Management, TPM, 5S, etc. He/she will ensure consistent implementation and execution of policies/systems to guarantee internal/external customer expectations are met at the lowest cost and always with safety at the forefront of every activity. The Coordinator will serve as the top resource of the vertical help chain for his/her area, and as the primary customer/supplier representative for his/her area in the horizontal help chain for his/her respective flow path. The Coordinator will work with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure the execution of the financial goals and expectations. The Coordinator will be responsible for planning and sometimes leading Kaizen, TPM, and safety events in his/her areas. He/she will work closely with maintenance and engineering leaders to meet and exceed production goals and will be responsible for leading four production crew leaders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving the safe execution of production plans and improvements to meet and exceed area and plant forecasts and goals;
- Setting/reviewing annual development and performance objectives for salaried employees;
- Leading the development of departmental Hoshin strategic plans;
- Setting, executing, and reporting action plans in support of the Plant and department Hoshin strategic plan;
- Actively participating in the development of the department's annual budget and controlling operating and R&M costs;
- Ensuring the daily management boards are developed, implemented, and maintained to facilitate appropriate focus on the department's objectives, performance, and improvements;
- Plan and execute TPM activities.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Proven ability to lead a team to success;
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of his/her respective areas;
- Results orientated.
- High school diploma from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or Business from an accredited institution;
- Experience with direct supervision of multiple groups across multiple shifts;
- Experience within a Heavy Manufacturing Environment;
- Continuous Improvement/Lean experience.