Senior Editorial Manager - Temporary
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Etsy
Senior Editorial Manager - Temporary
New York, NY
Marketing & Communications - Marketing
Temp / Temp-Contractor
Etsy is looking for an awesome writer/editor to help sellers succeed.
You enjoy crafting a sentence, and you love helping writers do the same-taking their work from good to outstanding. You know how to explain complex concepts in a clear, conversational, engaging, and fun way. You like ideas and strategy, in addition to words. You understand that excellent writing can transform a reader's experience and how they feel about a brand.
Etsy's Seller Content team, part of the Seller Marketing and Engagement department, crafts engaging and informative email, in-product, and blog content that helps 1.8 million sellers around the world start and run successful creative businesses. Our team is passionate about helping sellers succeed and that passion drives everything we do.
We need an expert copywriter and editor to work with our writers to craft informative, helpful, and persuasive content for Etsy sellers. Do you think conceptually and strategically about content? Do you love the idea of capturing the imagination and fun of Etsy's brand-and the human side of e-commerce-through compelling copy? Do you have a deep understanding of marketing, technology, and entrepreneurship? Then we want you to join us.
*The role will last six months while one of our editors is on leave. This role is located in our Brooklyn, NY office.
About the Role
- We work with our writers to craft informative, helpful, and persuasive content for Etsy sellers.
- We capture the imagination and fun of Etsy's brand-and the human side of e-commerce-through compelling copy
- The role will last six months while one of our editors is on leave
- You have 5+ years of professional copywriting and editing experience, preferably for a brand or agency.
- Help writers craft direct-to-seller communications for email, the product experience, and seller blog, among other channels.
- Collaborate with writers and partner teams on content plans and concepts for seller marketing campaigns.
- Write and edit some longer-form content as needed.
- You can translate complex tech and business concepts into clear, conversational, and engaging writing with a strong, consistent voice.
- You have experience working in a variety of marketing channels, including email.
- You've served as a lead writer/editor on a team, helping more junior writers craft their work.
- You're familiar with Google Analytics and content management systems.
- You have excellent judgment and can make insightful decisions about content based on data and research.
- You're an adept collaborator who works easily with cross-functional teams.
- You're organized and focused, but also flexible and open to change.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.