Chef Manager - MI, Southgate - Job
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Unidine
Back of House (Culinary)
Unidine was founded in 2001 with a focus on providing high quality service and an unwavering commitment to scratch food preparation. We focus wholly on providing custom culinary experiences, featuring fresh, from scratch food production with an emphasis on health & wellness. Today, our company has a national presence, yet still dedicated to delivering a unique dining experience to every one of our clients. Along the way, we have remained true to our original mission and we continue to innovate and disrupt the industry with strategic solutions.
Every member of the Unidine team is driven to deliver the highest level of service and shares a belief that our approach to fresh food is fundamentally linked to health and wellness, human interaction, and social responsibility. From this common foundation, we deliver the best food and dining management services in the industry and exceed our customers' and clients' expectations every day, which is why we are looking for the best talent in the industry.
As Chef Manager you will have full responsibility for ensuring the efficient management of the kitchen operations. This position plays a leading role in managing the entire food service operation, while ensuring client and customer satisfaction and meeting company and agency regulations. The Chef Manager has the ability to manage in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on fresh food and client and customer service satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Provide leadership in culinary production, operations and procurement.
- Plans menus for daily food service operations.
- Develops culinary team members through appropriate coaching, training and mentoring.
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals.
- Implements and monitors compliance to standards and policies through understanding of regulated agency standards.
- Identifies and implements continuous quality improvement procedures and maintains appropriate sanitation and safety levels in all department areas.
- Utilizes culinary background to create and maintain an appealing and customer satisfying experience.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience as an Executive Chef or Chef Supervisor or equivalent level.
- An undergraduate degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable; having completed the Certified Dietary Management program preferred.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements.
- Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
Unidine is an Equal Opportunity Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Number of Openings
Sanctuary at Maryhaven (Trinity)
About the Organization
Many Faces. One Focus.
Unidine offers just one service: the best food and dining management in the industry. We listen closely to understand the needs, the goals and the culture of each community we serve and then apply our knowledge, expertise and creativity to develop a custom dining program to meet each client's objectives.
Unidine offers food and dining management services across three business segments: senior living culinary group, healthcare culinary group, and corporate culinary group . Select the segment that applies to you and learn more about our people, our passion, and the custom dining programs that are transforming the industry.
The Unidine Approach
The Unidine approach is unique in the food service industry. We combine a passion for fresh food and culinary excellence with caring, attentive service, cutting edge systems and seasoned management to deliver dining programs that exceed our clients' expectations, delight our customers and deliver on our financial commitments.
Fresh Thinking, Culinary Excellence!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.