Senior Content Marketing Writer
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Workday
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is looking for a writer to join the Content Marketing team, creating a variety of compelling content and collateral to tell the Workday story. This individual contributor position is responsible for the development, writing, editing, and proofing of the company's external communications, including blogs, feature stories, visual storytelling pieces, videos, and podcasts. You'll create smart, compelling content in the Workday voice that speaks to our target audiences and moves them to action.
We're looking for a candidate with experience in B2B marketing with special attention given to candidates with a strong background in the enterprise software marketplace and in creating content across multiple platforms and formats. The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller with a knack for communicating clear, concise, and compelling messages.
- Write and edit a broad variety of marketing collateral, including thought leadership and educational materials.
- Guide the content creation process, providing clear, objective opinions while working collaboratively with marketing, executives, and others.
- Tailor messages for different audiences and drive content repurposing and reuse.
- Review externally developed materials to ensure adherence to brand guidelines and voice.
- Connect deeply with audiences about trends and issues they care about in their roles and industries, helping to motivate, educate, and inform.
- Collaborate closely with demand generation, regional marketing, public relations, executive communications, and other teams to ensure content fits the needs of different marketing programs.
- 8-plus years' experience as a marketing content creator, including at least 4 years of enterprise software or related B2B communications.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field.
- Experience working with global marketing teams to create or tailor content to local needs.
- Strong ability to guide the content creation process from ideation through execution.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, demonstrating passion around finding the best way to tell every story.
- Work well under pressure, juggling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Understand current technology-both business-to-business and consumer-facing. An understanding of finance and key vertical industries such as healthcare, financial services, or professional services is very helpful.
- Can share recent examples showing the breadth of your experience.