Customer Service Specialist (291932-836)
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Fairmount Santrol
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia's rich Legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Customer Service Specialist who will have a positive impact on the Sales Services team at its Charlotte, NC location. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will process orders, clear billing hold ups, manage orders on credit hold and ensure overall customer satisfaction. Each specialist will have a designated number of plants for which they will have the responsibility for overall order management. Responsible for the triage and proper routing of all customer inquiries and complaints.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
* Manage all customer orders for assigned plants. Review all orders entered by plant personnel to ensure consistency for all customers.
* Drive solutions for Covia customers from unresolved escalated issues received via telephone or email.
* Process initial credit card authorizations for cash in advance customers.
* Arrange trucking on all applicable shipments.
* Resolve and clear daily Provisional Price Hold and Invoice Blocked lines to ensure timely invoicing to customers.
* Log customer complaints and continue tracking until final, timely resolution.
* Build sustainable relationships with customer contacts and sales personnel through personable and timely interaction.
* Develop extensive knowledge of key customer needs within issue resolution categories including PO research and management, invoice adjustments, sample requests, complaint processes and proforma invoices.
* Assist plants with shipment priorities to key accounts based on sales management input.
* Other duties as assigned.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* 4-year Business Degree preferred
* 5 years of Customer Service experience required
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce and Outlook required
* Ability to clearly communicate and explain issues
* Capable of escalating chronic issues for resolution
* Ability to track and monitor data that changes frequently
* Reliable, good attendance record
* Basic financial and business acumen
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life/AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
NO RECRUITER INQUIRIES PLEASE. All other inquiries should be directed to the Talent Acquisition team.
Request Technology - Craig Johnson