AWS Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
AWS Systems Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
The Role: AWS Engineer (AWS & Unix)
This AWS Engineer role will provide technical support for a large data movement platform at Capital One and assist in efforts to re-host data movement processing to the cloud. The role is interactive in nature, requiring communication with IT partners and our internal technical customers. Project involvement working with project managers, developers, testers, and infrastructure resources is also expected. Successful candidates serve as Subject Matter Experts for AWS systems administration, Red Hat Linux administration, and Unix scripting.
- Support Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux servers, VPC, EC2 instances, VPN for the Cloud hosted environments, provision infrastructure, run services on AWS and create fault tolerant system on AWS.
- Conduct administration, operations, and support for all Cloud based Servers and assuring the quality of software product releases and assisting customers with product related issues.
- Implement security requirements on AWS.
- Estimate AWS usage costs and operational costs.
- Build maintenance and support automated processes.
- Lead hands-on engineering, administration and technical support on AWS
- Perform and lead diagnostics of problems, troubleshoot and develop solutions on AWS.
- Provide guidance as a subject matter expert on product design, development, troubleshooting and documentation applications that run-on AWS.
- At least 2 years of experience using AWS services and Linux Server Administration
- At least 2 years of experience implementing security on AWS with VPC, IAM, Security Groups, UTM solutions, NACLS provision infrastructure on AWS and applications
- At least 1 year of experience of architecture and design infrastructure on AWS
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS Management Tools as Cloud watch and Cloud Trail
- At least 1 year of experience with Linux and UNIX Shell scripting
- Knowledge of utilization application needs with EC2 instances
- Knowledge of Python or Java
- Knowledge with Hadoop and Ab Initio platforms
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.