Software Engineer, Machine Shop
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Machine Shop
As a Lead Software Engineer on the Machine Shop Development team, you will deliver products that make it easy to operate large scale infrastructure in our public cloud environment. These products both enforce and report on compliance and security controls for our cloud applications. As part of a centralized development team, your work will impact hundreds of teams across Capital One. We are building products using the latest cloud technologies to enable teams to work rapidly and independently with multiple cloud providers.
Characteristics of you:
- A dedicated developer who values well-crafted software
- Automate everything mentality by default
- Strive for simplicity in the tools you build
- Believe in CI/CD philosophies and have practiced them in the past
- Understand the value of a unified team over individual performers
- Expert in implementing scalable and resilient cloud applications and platform services
- Expert learner always striving to improve your technical skills
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
- Work with Product Owners and Cloud Governance to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Contribute to the development of internal Cloud tools
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and provide appropriate solutions
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering in a production environment
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud computing (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- 2+ years of experience implementing scalable and resilient cloud applications and platform services into production
- 2+ years of experience with micro-services architecture and implementation
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.