DNS DHCP Engineer - Lead
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
DNS DHCP Engineer - Lead
DNS DHCP Engineering Lead
We are actively looking for a DDI Technology SME that will help design and deploy DNS/DHCP/IPAM technologies. This SME will help drive the enhancement and evolution of Capital One's network infrastructure from a DDI perspective. The SME will also be expected to help bring automation and tooling capabilities to our DDI and F5 infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will help shape the direction of DDI technologies for Capital One. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to integrate new technologies into the existing production environment. You will be part of an integrated engineering team that is driving the next generation of DDI services in a Hybrid Cloud environment. You will be expected to manage the full life cycle of the DDI service. You will help define the roadmap for these services and strive for higher customer satisfaction. You will also function as a mentor and escalation resource for the operations team where you will be expected to provide Tier 4 support for DDI operational issues.
- Provide engineering expertise for new implementations, cloud environment integrations, project designs, and standards development.
- Contribute to enterprise DDI strategy as well as support of security compliance initiatives; evaluate, test, and deploy new technologies and solutions.
- Provide technical consultation with Operations teams and lines of business partners to ensure designs and strategies are implemented in a supportable, resilient and scalable manner.
- Ensure developed strategies, standards and policies are properly documented and maintained
- Engage with industry SMEs and vendor forums to evolve Capital One's DDI platform and service.
- Partner with the InfoSec teams to assess potential exposure to vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and ensure compliance, with enterprise security baselines and standards.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel.
- Provide Tier 4 escalation support for DNS/DHCP/IPAM Advanced Operations Support team.
- Experience with designing highly available and complex network solutions in both data centers and cloud environments.
- At least 3 years of experience with Infoblox products and services, including DFW, IPAM, RPZ and DTC.
- At least 3 years of experience working in an Agile methodologies and workflow environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with DNS engineering efforts and deployments.
- At least 2 years of experience with over all Domain management including registrations and Name server configurations at the registrar level.
- At least 2 years of experience with scripting languages (Node.js, Python, Ruby, PowerShell )
- At least 3 years of experience with DNS, DHCP and IPAM integrations.
- At least 3 years of experience with DHCP Migrations with complex Infoblox Failover associations.
- At least 2 years of experience with Linux/Unix and Windows deployments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- AWS Professional or Associate Certification
- 2+ years' experience with F5 GTM/DNS Express concepts and implementations
- 3+ years' experience with DNS configuration in public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google ).
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.