Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Prestigious Company is recruiting for an Android Developer to join our Agile XP Engineering team in Chicago. Our common goal is to build digital products that support the Company Services strategy. This team will engineer software all day, every day, on a full-stack cloud platform, Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Driving quality leveraging test-driven development with continuous integration & continuous delivery is key to our engineering approach. As an engineer, this role will partner with our Company Services Product Manager and Product Designers to iterate the product vision into software that meets end user needs.
This is a tremendous opportunity to deliver the next-generation product for our end users, Rescuers, who help our customers when their vehicle is disabled. This product is used to dispatch our Service Providers to assist our customers when their vehicle is disabled. The Company Services division is a small business within the Company brand that competes with motor clubs such as AAA. The software product suite is a combination of Mobile Apps & web-based applications that allow tow truck drivers or mobile response units to be dispatched when a customer needs services. This team will be working at our innovation hub in the Merchandise Mart which will provide the latest in modern equipment, healthy work spaces, and engineering tools to accomplish our goals.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team working 40-hours per week in our flagship work space that includes a game room, free breakfast, beverages, & snacks. We value independent thinking and learning technology skills to build digital products that will fundamentally change safety on the roadways for drivers who need an immediate rescue. This role requires minimal production support. The primary role is new feature delivery to change the way we incentivize our end users to engage with Company Services customers.
- You are passionate about software engineering with an interest in learning.
- You will measure success by working software and end user satisfaction.
- You have well-developed communications skills and enjoy collaborating.
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, deployment models, and distributed systems.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Verifiable 5+ years of developing, engineering, and implementing systems at scale as a full-stack developer
- 3+ years of Andoid development
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, Object Oriented Design principles
- Knowledge of developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages
- Experience developing & consuming web services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs, and APIs (service-oriented architectures)
- Use object-oriented design (OOD) patterns for separation of operations, code reusability, security, and response time
- Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps; assumes tool knowledge such as Jenkins, Concourse CI, and/or Gradle
- Experience with monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Iris, or Vision