Senior Java Developer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Senior Java Developer
Prestigious Firm is looking for a Java Developer with strong build and deployment experience.
- Acting as a lead on projects, assigning tasks, provide training, mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Providing guidance to the project team on high level design, ensuring that the design/solution is consistent with the approved architecture
- Engaging with Enterprise and Application architects to promote collaboration on the development of solution architecture; Reviewing architecture and ensuring alignment with accepted architectural principles and the strategic roadmap
- Ensuring that Best Practices for development activities (eg code reviews, unit testing, etc.) are followed through the project life cycle
- Collaboratively work with all other IT Teams to identify Win/Win opportunities and improve efficiency
- Demonstrating ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish and facilitating appropriate handoffs
- Participate in technical discussions and provide recommendations or solutions
- Championing and influencing technology decisions with business partners, IT management and Team members on matters concerning multiple complex projects which requires the ability to negotiate while maintaining effective relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 9 years of experience in Information technology with at least 5 years in developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies, preferably in Unix environment.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with application development, build and deployment using web/application Servers such as WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with databases such as UDB, Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle. Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, etc. and strong understanding of database interfacing technologies such as ODBC, JDBC and DBMS native clients
- Strong Unix knowledge with experience in Scripting/programming languages such as Shell, C, C++, Perl, etc.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with various teams, both business and technical, to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and team working skills
- Certification in Java technologies
- Experience in supporting applications for database and Middleware (WebLogic/Tomcat/Apache) upgrades/migrations
- Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages like ANT, Maven, etc.
- Experience with job scheduling tools such as Autosys
- Knowledge of/experience with Jenkins and Sonar Cube
- Experience in using Team Forge GIT as source code repository is a plus
- Experience in Agile based project development is a plus.
- Familiarity with Mortgage Industry or direct Company Experience is a plus
- Master's degree in Information Technology or related field