Senior Java Micro-Service Developer
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Prestigious Enterprise Company is seeking a Senior Java Developer to work on the micro-service architectures. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior level full stack Java developer to work on the next generation of several key business applications as they transform from current to future state micro-service architectures.
- Work with business/systems analyst teams to understand requirements.
- Partner with architects and project leadership to recommend transformative applications of micro-services architecture
- Complete development with limited supervision from the development technical lead.
- Provide associated design, unit testing and implementation documentation. Support the Build-out, setup and configuration of new and/or existing application infrastructure.
- Follow established methodology and controls guidelines.
- Recommend changes to application design which result in performance and stability optimization.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge in the technologies used and proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide technical support to other junior developers and production support team.
- Support root cause analysis of complex production incidents.
- Review and provide feedback on requirements, test suite and test bed
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
- 5+ years of experience in development using using Java/J2EE, Spring/Spring MVC, SQL, Webservices
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Practical experience with the following applications/tools: Jenkins, GIT, Tomcat, Weblogic
- Working knowledge of Domain Driven Design, Micro-service Architectures, Service Registry Patterns, API Gateway patterns
- Thrives in an environment with changing priorities
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Able to navigate through a large corporate environment and ensure appropriate processes are met