IT Risk and Compliance Analyst
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
IT Risk and Compliance Analyst
Lake Forest, IL
Prestigious Firm is seeking an IT Risk and Compliance Analyst. This position drives compliance of global business units with Companys Global Risk Management and Compliance activities in alignment with Companys IT Risk Management and Compliance Program. Team member will assess processes to identify gaps in business processes and controls, and assist in the design and documentation of processes to address the gaps in order to drive compliance in alignment with the risk management framework. Additional responsibilities include design, implementation and facilitation of Risk Metrics and Measures and the Security Awareness programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
This section contains list of 5-8 primary responsibilities that account for 10% or more of their time. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
Job is an individual contributor.
- Works with business teams across the global organization to execute the ES Compliance and Risk Management program framework, extending processes as necessary to help business partners identify information risk and manage mitigation to an acceptable level
- Provides inputs to global risk management processes in developing controls needed for the mitigation of risk for business processes which are not compliant with information security and risk frameworks
- Lead other team members within the Risk and Compliance organization in assessing risk, developing appropriate controls and advising on creation of action plans to address gaps.
- Collaboratively works to influence and socialize ES strategies, standards, policies, procedures, communications and governance.
- Provides guidance with respect to needed changes to established IT Security policies based on day-to-day interactions with Company businesses.
- Serves as subject matter expert in providing advice to global business units regarding compliance with applicable frameworks including ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and standards including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) as well as other frameworks and standards as required.
- Takes actions as directed to ensure business awareness of Data Privacy guidance, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and appropriate engagement of Data Privacy office, as needed.
- Provides advice to global business units on actions needed to align business requirements with relevant global security frameworks, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Proactively provides relevant inputs to the global risk framework based on the latest government and industry information regarding new threats and vulnerabilities and communicate relevant information to appropriate teams, soliciting action plans if needed.
- Coordinates deployment and measurement of security awareness efforts across Company global business units
- Works closely with global business, contract and legal teams to assess proposed terms and conditions, align with appropriate risk profile and provide feedback on changes needed.
- Monitors and manages ES risk register to ensure that all business risks are accurately represented and actively managed.
- Aligns individual goals to Risk and Compliance team goals with S.MA.R.T. objectives
- Recognizes opportunities to balance risk and creativity in quickly responding to business opportunities
Preferred Education & Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification or candidate for certification highly preferred
- CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control) or CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional) certifications helpful, but not required
- Experience working with ISO 27001 (or similar) security framework, PCI DSS and CSA CCM standards in operational IT environment required
- Experience applying other security frameworks (eg, CSF, COBIT), laws and standards (eg Sarbanes-Oxley, GDPR, HIPAA) helpful, but not required
- Working experience with IT Security risk frameworks such as ISO 27005, OCTAVE, FAIR, NIST RMF very helpful
- Operational experience in applying risk frameworks to technologies (including cloud, containers) and continuous processes (including DevOps and Agile software deployment) very helpful
- Working knowledge of compliance tools such as the Unified Compliance Framework (UCF) Common Controls Hub (CCH) helpful, but not required
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment with individuals at appropriate levels of the Company
- Effective negotiation skills
- Work conditions are typical of an office environment.
- Office job, ability to lift/move
- Minimal travel required to US business locations as needed to conduct audits, meet Team Members, suppliers, etc. no more than 5%
- Provides competitive advantage by efficiently executing the plans developed within ES around the security posture that uphold and extend the reputation of the Company Global brand
- Serves as security liaison with US business and IT teams to ensure understanding of security frameworks in the context of individual initiatives and to monitor and document management of action plans to mitigate risk
- Key to executing, communicating and validating integration of defined security frameworks into US business applications, infrastructure and operations in compliance with appropriate regulations, laws and corporate policies relating to information systems and processes.
- Engages with business partners, process owners, Contract Management, Legal, Internal and audit to gather information on initiatives, coordinate and provide assistance in assessments of the regulatory, compliance and risk posture
- Interfaces with technology service providers, software and hardware vendors, consultants, as needed
- Engages with external audit as needed to gather information on and coordinate in support of compliance activities