Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Synergis
Join our team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help the client deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support the client's growth and profitability. Major teams within include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, BrandMarketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
The Senior Business Analyst role is in the TAX pillar. The main function of this pillar is to ensure that projects and programs forming part of specific portfolios are completed on time and on budget and aim to exceed the business expectations.
Essential Functions Of The Job
- Responsible for elicitation, analysis and documentation of business, stakeholder, solution and transition requirements for an assigned program.
- Works closely with product owners and other subject matter experts to understand business and technology strategies, develop domain knowledge and to foster reuse and continuity of that knowledge across all projects enabling the program.
- Plans and actively executes the BA requirements management strategy; communicating, driving and managing the business analysis effort through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Partners with internal and external development and technology delivery organizations; prioritizing their
- dependencies on the BA to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
- Actively manages requirements traceability for impact and coverage analysis.
- Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Application of structured business analysis techniques appropriately; modifying accordingly to the software development methodology in use on each project (ie, Waterfall, Agile, Other Iterative, etc.)
- Proactive approach to identification and articulation of issues, presentation of solutions and options, and where appropriate, definition of path towards resolution.
- Prioritization of personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Practical exposure to various software development methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, RUP, etc.
- Hands-on experience with requirements management, modelling, and change control software.
- Excellent communications skills - strong verbal and written communication skills
- TAX Domain knowledge
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors and internal clients at varying executive levels.
- Good relationship building skills both within and between teams
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change based on client needs
- Provide guidance and oversight on effective utilization of Business Analysis techniques in compliance with organizational standards.
- Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead BAs and project team members
- Review deliverable of virtual teams and report performance.
- A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent workexperience.
- Agile experience preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- 3 years of IT management and/or BA leadership a plus
- Tax technology experience preferred
Software Guidance & Assistance
Oregon Community Credit Union