Senior Information Security Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by TeamBradley
LOCATION: Greater Chicago Area - Near Northbrook, IL
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Our client, a leading global distributor, has always made customer satisfaction their top priority. They look to hire people who also believe in delivering the highest level of service and have the drive to contribute to the organization's industry-leading standards. Currently, they are looking for a Sr Information Security Engineer.
This position is responsible for ensuring the security of corporate information. Working with various departments within IT this role sees to it that appropriate security measures are met.
* Perform analysis and develops appropriate specific technical solutions.
* Evaluates database security controls.
* Security operating standards prepares and maintains process improvements.
* Evaluate effectiveness of critical security controls for both on-premise and cloud-based services.
* Enhances existing design of solutions.
* Determines security requirements.
* Document process improvement, implementation and ensures that designs adhere to approved architecture principles.
* Upgrades security systems by monitoring the network environment.
* Identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
* Documents and provides security report to provide snapshot of where we are and the next steps for security.
* Bachelor's degree. Strong preference in Computer Scienc.
* 7+ years IT Information Security experience with deep knowledge of Network Security and Operating System Security Architecture.
* Certifications: CISSP, GIAC, or equivalent.
* Desired plus would be someone with CISSP-ISSAP certification.
* Solid understanding of:
- TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Operating System security concepts.
- Malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
* Must have strong problem solving, critical thinking and prioritization skills.
* Strong communication, customer service and incident management skills.
* Excellent organizational skills, procedure planning/documentation and collaboration skills.
* Strong industry trends for IT security knowledge.
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not open to relocation expenses.