Inside Sales and Service Representative
Posted on Jun 9, 2022 by Ingersoll Rand
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities.
This is an Inside Sales position based out of either the Aurora, CO or Ankeny, IA Customer Center. This is a great entry level opportunity for those looking to start an operations career track OR to gain the necessary skills to transition to outside sales. The role includes sales support from the time of inquiry to delivery, which requires parts identification, quoting, order confirmation/purchase order receipt, pricing, order processing, expediting, and problem solving. Inside sales specifically focuses on cold-calling, inactive accounts, and competitive equipment. As the ISS Representative becomes more experienced, he/she is able to continue to support the outside sales force with more depth in lead generation, market intelligence, and contact with current customers. For the most experienced, they may be assigned to Special Projects, which require hands-on supervision of highly complex orders or those that require significant coordination with external entities.
- Handling inbound customer requests and proactively contacting current and potential customers to generate sales of compressed air products, services, and parts.
- Generate quotes and follow up with customers and outside sales team to ensure quotes successfully transition to orders. Manage these orders to ensure delivery schedule is achieved.
- Act as key customer contact to provide information to customers on complete sales cycle from quote through delivery.
- Target inactive and competitive accounts for conversion. Develop, sell, and convert accounts to recurring revenue service contracts. Utilize parts program to obtain business.
- Mentor peers and share best practices with those less experienced as needed.
- Manage inventory to stocking levels. Ensure the order process is complete and error-free.
- Manage outside purchases and product transportation expenses effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety compliance. Operate forklift within compliance as needed.
- Ensure that all paperwork, purchase orders, rental agreements, etc. are maintained to respond to customer inquiries timely and ensure internal process requirements.
- Prepare all sales and activity reports, presentations, studies and research as requested.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Technical background highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service focus - understand the need, solve problems, and respond in an efficient manner
- Organizational skills - ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications required; ability to navigate internal software programs will be needed after hire
Physical Qualifications: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and effectively communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and climb or balance. (Forklift mounting and operation) The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position works in a typical parts store/warehouse environment.
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit .Special Accomodation
If you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying for a job, please submit a request .Lean on us to help you make life better
We think and act like owners.
We are committed to making our customers successful.
We are bold in our aspirations while moving forward with humility and integrity.
We foster inspired teams.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request and a member of our team will contact you.