Principal Engineer - San Mateo
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Fanatics needs you! As Principal Engineer, you are hands-on and passionate about creating distributed software solutions that scale in a highly available environment. In this role, we are looking for a high-energy leader with extensive experience in developing service framework and services. Additionally, we expect you to collaborate across multiple teams to solve problems and accomplish organizational goals.
- Be a leader in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle while working with cross-functional team members - Development Leads, Architects, Quality Engineering and Product managers - in a highly collaborative development environment
- Hands on contribution to the development of our Cloud Commerce Platforms, underlying Infrastructure and Tools. Deliver high quality, robust and scalable code
- Evangelize newly developed best practices, software development techniques, and frameworks with other teams within the organization
- Assess and communicate risks based on complexity, resources and timeline constraints.
- Lead research, evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Participate in architectural decisions and infrastructure deployment of our Cloud-based platform
- Requires at least 10 years of software development experience
- Proven experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to scale and lead multiple, major projects and ensure they are delivered on time according to project schedules
- Requires in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles and their utilization in software projects
- Requires knowledge of open source application frameworks and RESTful services
- Requires solid communication and interpersonal skills; with the ability to work constructively in a collaborative team environment
- Requires knowledge of build tools and source controls
- Prior experience in eCommerce and payments industry is a plus
- Hands-on experience in the Cloud; specific experience with AWS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Open-Source projects is a plus