Big Data Engineering Lead Digital Engineering
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Nike
Do you have a passion for digital technology, innovation and problem solving? Are you curious about how to turn billions of events and signals into meaningful information that not only provides insights into the present but also help predict the future? Are you interested in applying Data Streaming and Big Data Technology along with Machine Learning to help deliver personalized experiences? If so, come join the talented team of engineers that are a driving force behind data engineering solutions at Nike.
The following qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of industry experience, 3+ years of relevant big data experience
- Strong programming experience, Scala preferred
- Experience working with Big Data streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building domain-driven Microservices
- Experience provisioning RESTful API's to enable real-time data consumption
- Experience in Python or Java
- Experience working with Hadoop and Big Data processing frameworks (Spark, Hive, Nifi, Spark-Streaming, Flink, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience participating in key business, architectural and technical decisions
- Experience designing, estimating and executing for complex software projects
- Experience providing guidance and mentoring junior engineers
- Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others