Sr Dir, Audience Dev and Commerce
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Under Armour
As an established leader in performance and innovation, Under Armour is dedicated to improving the health and fitness of millions of athletes worldwide. Powered by the foundation of the MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal and Under Armour's suite of mobile apps and sites, Under Armour continues to deliver game-changing solutions to how athletes train, perform and improve by creating the ultimate worldwide digital community and products dedicated to health and fitness.
The Under Armour team is building new experiences and products to make you better. As a member of the team, you'll be charged with building marketing strategies that connect the UA Community with commerce driving strategies, spanning both in-app as well as UnderArmour.com properties. In addition, this position will oversee our content and publishing business that inspires, informs, and entertains tens of millions of athletes each month in their health and fitness quests.
This rolewill drive marketing strategies that deepen consumer engagement with the digital Communities, leading acquisition across premium services and physical products - all resulting in increased Under Armour brand affinity and revenue. You must collaborate very closely with cross functional teams including ecommerce, analytics, media, CRM, engineering, and product development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive UA consideration and conversion via all digital channels, mobile platforms, communities, and UA.com site.
- Develop integrated conversion-driving experiences within App experience, and digital channels leading to UA.com.
- Lead the Content strategy, editorial approach and content development pipeline for all Connected Fitness Health and Fitness
- Partner closely with digital Product teams to determine best ways to acquire new community members and deepen engagement, drive premium services and recurring revenue.
- Integrate Community marketing strategies within UA.com properties including UA.com website, social media, content strategy, Retail, and email
- Drive monthly active users to support publisher business model
- Partner with Business Development and Media Sales to bring branded content franchises to life
- Establish KPIs for marketing campaigns including email direct marketing, social networking, promotions & special events
- Translate UA brand-centric marketing strategies into Community programs, driving brand awareness and conversion back to UA (UA.com, UA retail, and Wholesale channels).
- Establish and maintain campaign learning, and work with analytics team to present consistent reporting on efforts.Closely monitor and track performance of key digital marketing programs and deliver reporting & post implementation reviews to ensure continual improvement of digital marketing campaigns
- Ensure constant communication between each digital marketing discipline and creative team, as well as agencies (and other external partners) to ensure communications is on-point
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understand user acquisition and retention, with the ability to develop key interaction techniques surrounding audience development and consumer engagement
- Understanding of digital platforms, media and publisher model
- Detailed understanding of digital marketing channels ad communications used to drive brand awareness and brand positioning
- Well versed with e-mail marketing and lead generation through email marketing
- Comprehensive understanding of content distribution strategies
- Well versed with display advertising and lead generation through digital media
- Ability to filter various sponsorship opportunities that provide positive ROI and tie back to the teams KPIs
- Should possess creativity and willingness to engage in brainstorming surrounding content franchises, and marketing campaigns
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects working across multiple teams to execute
- Should be well versed in digital media trends and competitors
- Is an engaged member of the marketing/technology/media world, and proactively solicits and contributes innovative ideas
- Strategic thinker that express oneself clearly and concisely
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially
- Intellectually curious with a sense of humor
- Develops strategies that are clear, compelling and persuasive
- Adapt communication style to relevant audience
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration (or equivalent)
- 15+ years of experience in digital marketing, strategic planning and/or account management
- MBA a plus
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.