Club Manager - Ann Arbor
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Planet Fitness
The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
ssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely manner.
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate Payroll Team.
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working at Planet Fitness.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Must be able to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9a-7p, Thursday, Friday 9a-5p, and Saturday when promotion and/or schedule requires.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionallylift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Continual reachingwith hands/fingers/arms during shift.
- Occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling and crouching during shift.
- Will encounter cleaning chemicals, and need to use cleaning chemicals,during shift.
- Regular use of backpack style vacuum and mopping during shift.