Technical Project Manager
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by MLB Advanced Media
Position: Technical Project Manager
Reports to: Director or VP, Software Engineering
Location: New York, NY
Major League Baseball Advanced Media is looking for Technical Project Managers who are passionate about delivering some the most sophisticated products and services in professional sports. Launched in 2001 as the tech arm of Major League Baseball, MLBAM is renowned for creating experiences that baseball fans love - and we're just getting started!
As a Technical Project Manager, you will work in an agile setting with world-class product and engineering to bring these incredible experiences to market. You identify issues and fix them; making sure everyone is moving forward, communicating well, and releasing as projected.
Core Responsibilities Collaboration
- Work closely with engineers and product owners to distill technical requirements into easily actionable user stories or specifications.
- Work with other TPMs to make sure external project dependencies are properly tracked.
- Plan and manage all project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks.
- Establish team velocity and release cycles.
- Identify and communicate key performance indicators.
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of assigned projects, which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements.
- Participate in decisions on what features products should have and their prioritization.
- Assist with technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts.
- Experience with Agile software methodologies
- Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical participants.
- Enjoys understanding details and complex interactions and distilling them into their simplest components.
- Passionate about continually improving processes.
- Passionate about making teams as productive as possible.
- Agile Scrum Master certification