Health Fitness Intern - Spring 2019
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Corporate Fitness Works
Work Schedule: Flexible schedule with most sites open weekdays 6:00am - 8:00pm
Rate of Pay: Stipend available
- Junior or senior pursuing a BS/BA degree in health, fitness, or related field
- Preferred course work in exercise testing and prescription, exercise physiology, and anatomy
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross, or the ability to become certified
- 8 weeks minimum, full and part-time opportunities available
What Is Corporate Fitness All About?
We build healthy cultures by providing innovative wellness and fitness solutions. Our success is the result of teamwork and values !
What Kind Of Person Are We Looking For?
Corporate Fitness Works is seeking a fun loving, energetic team member who has a passion to make a difference in the health and well-being for clients at a corporate fitness site. Your unique and creative skills can lead to career growth opportunities at numerous sites located throughout the country!
What Would Be Your Responsibilities?
- Interact with clients and members, customer care
- Daily operations of the facility
- Provide comprehensive fitness assessments and comprehensive health consultation
- Develop safe and effective individualized exercise programming
- Assist in the creation and implementation of member engagement and wellness programs
- Group exercise class instruction
- Develop health newsletter articles
- Professional development and networking
What Skills Are Required?
- Positive attitude, willing to have fun in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Innovative thinker
- Growth oriented
- Interest to gain exposure in a wide variety of fitness center operations, including personal training
- Interest in teaching new and innovative group exercise classes
Corporate Fitness Works wants you to be part of our active culture that focuses on inspiring work/life balance and sustaining longevity through career growth and advancement. If you share our vision and values then look no further, for 30 years Corporate Fitness Works is living proof that good health is good business!
Pre-employment background check required
Corporate Fitness Works is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under the law. If you require assistance to apply for this job, you may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to . Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Corporate Fitness Works