Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by YMCA
Outgoing personality able to drive sales and member retention at a Best In Class YMCA located in beautiful Boynton Beach, South Florida.
DeVos-Blum Family YMCA of Boynton Beach
Boynton Beach, FL
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, in collaboration with a dedicated team of family center staff and operations professionals, and as an exempt employee, your primary responsibility will be to support the association's objective of membership growth, engagement, satisfaction and retention through leadership of the membership activities for a full facility YMCA .
- A bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Experience in the recruitment of new members
- Must have experience in recruiting, training and motivating people and must understand the importance of recruitment and retention.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills must have been obtained and demonstrated through past job experiences
- Broad overview of the YMCA as it operates as a local, national, and international movement.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain in first 30 days AED/CPR/First Aid certification.
- Must possess the skills to operate standard office and computer equipment and be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess effective communication, organizational and budgeting skills.
- Must be willing to travel extensively within Palm Beach County Area.
- Must have valid driver's license
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person
- Direct all sales and operations of membership for the Family Center including sales, retention, operations and supervision of staff.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Leads membership staff and volunteers effectively; recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams; onboards and develops them for success.
- Ensures a level of service and engagement that fosters loyalty among those we serve.
- Responsible for reviewing and reconciling daily cash reports, membership applications and all other policies and forms as it relates to a successful Member Services Desk
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Active recruitment of new members including community education, utilizing web visits, call tracking and tour conversions.
- Monitoring daily operations to adhere to all YMCA health and safety standards and policies.
- Performing duties of Member Services Representative as required.
- Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
- All other duties as assigned by Management.
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness with which the Family Center accomplishes its purpose, goals and objectives in serving the community. Therefore, the effectiveness of this position should be measured by the following:
- The Family Center will increase net annual membership from the prior year
- The Family Center will increase membership revenue, from previous year
- The community will better understand the YMCA programs and the need to support them
- The members will better understand the YMCA's charitable mission
- The Family Center will achieve specific participation/attendance figures in key program areas
- Must complete successful criminal background check and drug screen.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Mission and Community Oriented: Models and teaches YMCA values. Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Ensures high-level services that differentiate the YMCA from other providers. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition.
- People Oriented: Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Builds relationships to create small communities. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
- Results Oriented: Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
- Personal Development Oriented: Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
- A bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university
- Y Team Leader Certification is a plus
$48,000.00 - $52,000.00
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until