Client Experience Manager
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by In-Shape Health Clubs
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drives Personal Training revenue at Point of Join (POJ) and with the existing in house personal training team while effectively monitoring labor management
• Ensures new trainers are properly onboarded with the IHSC education platform, as well as monitors existing personal training clients under the new "template training program."
• Ensures execution of personal training service standards to exceed member expectations and achieve member satisfaction goals
• Leads by example, coaches and encourages In-Shape core values, culture, vision and mission
• Selects and/or recommends new hires, promotions and transfers to the General Manager/AM.
• Provides training to club staff weekly from both education and PT sales related levels
• CEM availability (scheduled working hours) is based on the needs of the GM and the business.
• Ensures members receive an exceptional experience through the entire lifecycle of the personal training experience and encourages successful relationships leading to perpetual resigns
• Ensures proper techniques and practices are followed at all times for the safety of members and employees this is including but not limited to weekly session observations of the existing training staff.
• Partners with the membership sales team to schedule FitStart® appointments for new members
• Helps maintain compliancy numbers within the PT department which will lead to an increase in the quality of service rendered
• Partners with General Manager and functional department heads to ensure fitness department meets all club operating standards and performance expectations
• Serves as a member of the club leadership team (which may include the GM, Assistant GM, Membership Lead and/or others)
Planning & Organization
• Works with club operations (regional and club leadership) to determine proper staffing and scheduling for personal trainers
• Monitors needs for fitness department within the club and sets plans and actions to achieve desired results and continuously improve performance
• Ensures the Club has adequate staff based on needs of incoming new members and paying PT members. Successful CEM's will partner with their GMs/RDs and take a look at peak times in the business and forecast needs based on those numbers
• Continuously seeks top talent to join the club fitness team: attracts, interviews and selects high-quality personnel for Personal Training sales and service
• Actively works with the new PT Recruiting department to redefine parameters which meets/exceeds "excellent onboarding standards"
• Ensures staffing meets par needs and future demand for personal training and Fitstart's; works with regional and area clubs to mobilize personnel as needed to cover immediate demand or schedule conflicts
• Partners with club leaders to identify and develop top talent
• Ensures onboarding and training programs are properly executed as well as makes suggestions to the L and D teams on how to improve onboarding procedures.
• Utilizes company's learning management system to ensure all fitness employees meet training standards; monitors training completion and certification; follows up on gaps
• Conducts personal training sessions with clients as needed, up to the maximum allowed per month
• Becomes the example of what "Great Service and Great Retention" looks like at all clubs.
• Participates in performance review process; solicits feedback about personnel from GM for evaluations and development recommendations
• Monitors member feedback and satisfaction surveys to assess quality of product and provide support/direction as needed
• Reviews performance- and financial-reporting to analyze results, assess trends and identify areas of opportunity improve fitness sales and profitability and manage labor expense
• Monitors fitness sales and personal training labor; assesses productivity with relation to goals / standards and follows up accordingly
• Reviews daily, weekly and monthly performance against goals in a timely manner and takes action to improve results that are not meeting expectations
• Conducts club walk-through to ensure club is well-maintained and attractive to personal training members and prospects
• Audits client folders routinely to establish quality within the personal training session and ongoing client experience
• Uses walk-through results to partner GM and construct plans of action for continuous performance improvement
• Audits cleanliness and organization of all fitness areas; reports any facilities issues immediately to GM for resolution
• Keeps a constant check on program design outside of the "template training" approach to ensure that the right client is receiving the right programming. The CEM understands our business relies on client satisfaction and results
• Sets a standard for club cleanliness and organization; coaches/directs PT staff to do the same
• Conducts meetings and briefings weekly with General Manager to review PT sales results, team and individual performance
• Daily with PT Sales and Service staff to preview schedule, goals and objectives
• Periodically with Area Manager and GM to review PT performance, sales trends, and plan for continued improvement
• Frequently visits with individual fitness sales and personal training staff to gather feedback, monitor fitness operations and provide coaching and development
• Monthly 1 on 1 Business development meetings are had with each individual PT to ensure that the employee is maximizing their opportunity and catch any missed opportunities within the PT's own business model.
• As needed to conduct developmental workshops for fitness staff, and fitness-related presentations for other workgroups
• Participate in "Team Clean" process to pick up a variety of items from varies sections of the club (weights, towels, trash, etc). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED
• Schedule is full time and based on the needs of the GM
• Four-year degree in a fitness-related degree is preferred
• Current Personal Training certification from an approved institution, or ability to gain or re-certify within 60 days
• Current CPR/AED certified at all times
• 1-2 years' experience working in a health club setting
• Two+ years' of prior management experience
• 1-2 years' personal training experience preferred
• 1-2 years' customer service and consultative sales experience preferred
Work Environment/ Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, changes in temperature/humidity; moving mechanical parts and vibration and exercise equipment; frequently required to stand, walk 4-8hours/8 hour day; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; and frequently use both feet and move them forward/backward and side to side; seldom required to sit; frequently to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and continuously reach and twist, including side-to-side movements; must continuously lift/move/carry 25 pounds; frequently lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move/carry 51 or more pounds.