Sr Interaction Designer
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Under Armour
Under Armour Makes You Better. This is our mission as one of the leading and most innovative sports brands on the planet. Under Armour is all about making you better, because what we make empowers people everywhere to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
We are looking for a brilliant Product Designer to join the Under Armour Global Ecommerce team to help us create the next generation of commerce experiences. Our growing team of passionate designers, engineers, and product owners live and breathe technology. You relate to Under Armour's brand mission - Under Armour Makes You Better - and this is your chance to become part of a challenging and exciting team focused on making everyone everywhere better.
As part of a highly collaborative team, you own the visual UI definition and execution for web, mobile web, and native app experiences. Partnering with design leads in visual and interaction design, you will work from existing visual styles, and define new styles as needed. You will present rationale for design decisions, and be able to articulate those decisions to design, product, and engineering teams across locations.
Through your work you exhibit a thorough understanding of user needs, and also the importance of delivering against business goals. You are able to work both independently, and collaboratively, problem solving and delivering design systems that meet the highest level of execution demanded by the UA brand, and result in memorable and beautiful experiences for the customer.
- Define visual systems that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
- Deliver and execute finished UI for web, mobile web, and native app via Sketch files delivered in Zeplin
- Work with engineers to implement the design, including testing and visual QA of the builds
- Document and deliver style guides that capture the working components of delivered systems
Passionate about your approach to creative problem solving though design methods and have a strong handle on visual design with an acute sensibility for user experience design. You bring to the team the following:
- 5+ years of experience executing UI and visual design for web and mobile
- Proficiency of visual design discipline - typography, grids, color theory, iconography, composition, etc.)
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe suite, Zeplin, InVision, and executing within sprint methodologies
- Ability to articulate and/or execute motion design
- Strong communication skills (in person, over webex, in email, in documentation)
- Strong collaborator and a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, product owners, product managers, and engineers
- Able to thoroughly understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform design
- Best-in-class project deliverables (concepts, rationale, assets, comps etc.)
- To be considered, please provide a link to an online portfolio
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.