Asst Golf Pro/Tournament Coord
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Troon Golf
The Golf Club at Champions Circle in Fort Worth, TX is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Golf Professional/Tournament Coordinator. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Golf Professional/Tournament Coordinator:
• Assists in administering all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing.
• Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
• Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-in, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Tracks all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
• Promotes all club golf activities.
• Assists in the creation of lesson plans and provides both individual and group instruction.
• Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
• Prepares for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
• Monitors all members' scores, reports handicapping to USGA and bills members.
• Follows established opening and closing procedures.
• Assists with associate training.
• Coordinates each tournament or event from the initial planning stages until the completion of the event.
• Advises the Director of Golf, General Manager, Head Golf Professional, and Superintendent of future events in order to facilitate proper coordination of special set-up requirements and staffing levels. Generates monthly calendar of events for management review.
• Develops and maintains contacts (new groups, previous groups, local businesses, civic organizations, and charity groups) to promote tournament venues.
• Schedules and maintains tee times for members, groups and individual play.
• Maintains accurate records for all groups and tournaments.
• Coordinates inter-departmental support for all tournaments (i.e. golf services, golf shop, food and beverage, etc).
• Works with customers to promote events, sell logo merchandise, and coordinate other golf services.
• Prepares and distributes information pertaining to tournaments, critical dates and course closures to members, groups, and individuals.
• Assists with the registration of golfers for tournaments.
• Administers tournaments in conjunction with facility tournament manual.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification for the Assistant Golf Professional/Tournament Coordinator:
• Associate's degree (AA); and 3 years golf operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Registered PGA Member preferred.
• Experience with EZLINKS POS & tee-sheet system, computer applications in excel, Microsoft Office & Word.