Source To Pay Manager
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We're a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
With an aggressive long-term growth strategy, NIKE is counting on our Global Finance organization to thrive in its mission: to drive and deliver value to every NIKE shareholder. Our Controlling function is at the heart of this mission through maintaining strong internal controls, providing timely, accurate, and relevant information to internal and external stakeholders, and ultimately delivering expert business partnership to drive profitable growth.
To elevate our game, NIKE Controlling is in the midst of a multi-year transformation to design and implement our platform of the future. We are centralizing our function globally to drive a shared strategic agenda, along with evolving into a scalable, process-focused organization with a continuous improvement mindset. And we're seeking world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey. We are looking for influencers and collaborators who can champion and embrace change as we evolve; talent with deep finance acumen to help build our blueprint for the future. Do you have what it takes to build a Controlling legacy at NIKE?
As the Source to Pay (S2P) Operations Manager for Invoicing and Payment, you will work with the WHQ S2P Operations Director and Managers, as well as both internal and external business partners throughout Nike, Inc. and geographies to successfully design, develop, and deploy strategic capabilities that improve Nike's S2P value stream. You will provide inputs to strategic plans and develop operational plans for functional expertise within GCO, including organizational priorities, apply business and management expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives within or across enterprise functions, identify and resolve complex operational challenges and opportunities, and lead and coach a team to deliver results.
This role will report directly to Nike's Director of WHQ/NA S2P Operations.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead the day to day activities that transform the operating model, policies, and processes for the invoicing and payment of indirect goods and services.
- Deliver and drive globally consistent & locally relevant capabilities that connect process, people, and technology to deliver efficient, effective, and optimized valuable results.
- Lead, coach, and develop individuals and teams to their fullest potential.
- Manage and foster relationships with both internal partners and external partners. Develop the cross-functional and cross-geo relationships between the Business, Procurement, Global Accounting, Legal, and Finance Planning required to ensure effective and efficient process and program execution.
- Lead the collaboration and coordination of plans to drive business results, process excellence and sustained capabilities within the organization.
- Provide key collaboration and input to strategic projects to build Nike's future S2P infrastructure.
- Design, develop, implement, and drive adoption of standardized S2P processes.
- Ability to drive operational policies with a financial impact acumen.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Business or Accounting or similar. In lieu of a degree, 6 years of experience overall or a minimum of 3-5 years accounting and/or operational experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coach individuals and teams to high performance results; experience in aligning and influencing cross-cultural, cross-functional teams throughout the enterprise to deliver operational results aligned to strategy
- Strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills; ability to create trust among those with diverse personal styles.
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated skills in understanding details with ability to present concise data to leadership
- Proven energy to navigate complex organizational structures.
- High tolerance for ambiguity; ability to self-initiate results through identification of needs to deliver on strategy
- Applied understanding of Project/Transition/Change Management concepts, models, and best practices