NJ Facilities Security Lead
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by National Basketball Association
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Off the court, we're also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league's involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
Position Summary: The New Jersey Facilities Security Lead will oversee the Facility Security Operations at the NBA facility at 100 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ. This role is the first direct supervisory contact for Global Security Operations Center analysts, facility operations, emergency response activities, and department needs. The NJ Facility Security Lead will work closely with the Head of International Events and Facilities Security in the development and implementation of state-of-the-art security systems and practices for every NBA facility and the development and management of a system of Best Operating Practices. This person will take the lead in assessing security issues at the NJ NBA facility and assigning the correct resources as they arise.
- Lead access control process and systems for employees, visitors, and vendors.
- Supervise contract security guards and training staff.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained in fire life safety and evacuation procedures.
- Manage scheduling and coordinating coverage for personnel absences and requests for time off.
- Review and implement guard force post orders.
- Support training initiatives. Ensure fire/life/safety documents are properly maintained and communicated to the appropriate personnel.
- Lead response to incidents and events that impact the business and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting to the Intelligence team and key partners.
- Identify gaps, risks, and issues with personnel and operations and may be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions.
- Maintain strong relationships and coordinate with federal, state and local law enforcement to develop and implement security plans for facility and key assets. Act as chief liaison with these groups to maintain a line of sight to emerging potential issues.
- Conduct appropriate investigations related to physical security where and when required, and manage effective referrals of other potential investigations to the Investigations and Intelligence Security group.
- Oversee incident response and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with security breaches as necessary.
- Assure that NBA Security operations are consistent with industry best practices and that the physical security strategy is aligned with the business needs of the NBA.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to close security gaps and vulnerabilities with a heavy emphasis on incident avoidance versus reaction.
- Create metrics to measure the effectiveness of the security program and implement a system to track and report physical security issues.
- Develop and implement appropriate Crisis Management programs and recovery plans for the NBA NJ facility. Develop and institute plans that will evaluate, track and provide for quick response to external security threats.
- Monitor news, social media, and open source intelligence to identify and assess potential threats against the league, brand, players, and/or teams.
- Effectively lead a team of experienced security, investigative and facility operations professionals in a manner consistent with the NBA's overall strategic objectives, policies and procedures. Set a clear vision and direction for the team; drive a high level of engagement and a focus on performance.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Security Officer or League security executives.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience leading stadium/facility event security or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive relevant security leadership experience ideally within intelligence, law enforcement (federal, state and local), homeland security, public service or private sector corporate security organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing security and counterterrorism programs (from policy to operations) at the senior level.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and leveraging external partners to maximize effectiveness. Must have an extensive global network of high-level security contacts. Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance, monitoring of assets, and making rapid notifications via mass communication tools.
- Ability to utilize and interpret information obtained through a variety of sources to include; interview of persons, document examination and open source media and video.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with internal business groups, with law enforcement contacts, and security services.
- Willingness to work flexible, "off hours".
- High degree of IT literacy, including but not limited to social media platforms, Microsoft Office suite and web browsing tools/methods.
- Strong knowledge in CCTV operations, access control, and visitor management systems.
- Strong working knowledge of security topics including Safety Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Homeland Security mission objectives and other relevant federal laws and regulations.
- Strong relationships within the federal intelligence community, including Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Secret Service, State Department Diplomatic Service, and joint terrorism task forces.
- A problem solving/analytical mindset that demonstrates the ability to gather critical information and stay ahead of current trends.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and motivate others.
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with technology platforms including social media tools and data analytics.
- Excellent crisis management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity.
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Facilities, Compliance, Open Source, Operations, Legal, Technology
National Basketball Association
National Basketball Association