Sr. Brand Mgr, Product Marketing
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
You will work in partnership with the global cross-functional organization to establish and deliver consistent product strategies that ladder up to and drive the global Columbia brand strategy. You need to love outdoor product, understand distribution, sales, retail channels (including eCommerce), and be able to move effortlessly between detail-oriented product deliverables, high level brand strategy, and near/long term business objectives.
- Champion and steward the Columbia brand and our product strategies externally and internally, in all decisions and consumer facing content/experiences/channels.
- Partner closely with the Sr Brand Manager of Global Seasons to create and execute seasonal product marketing strategies and deliverables.
- Manage and mentor a team of product marketing specialists to support and execute the strategy.
- Translate the needs of the business, the objectives of the brand, and the opportunity with the consumer into actionable, global product marketing plans.
- Drive the process, communication and decision-making framework that enables seasonal and long term product strategies plans to succeed.
- Manage internal and external partners to activate and deliver seasonal product marketing materials.
- Define how the product strategy and tactics will be measurable and add value to the business (path to, through and beyond purchase).
- Inspire creative teams to create product and technology stories, concepts and content that ladder up to the brand strategy.
- Oversee the application of product marketing strategies and content to ensure consistency around the globe, across media channels, in-store and across all key account channels.
- Oversee and approve all creative for the season to insure it delivers on the seasonal strategy, is on budget, and consumer right.
- Influence the seasonal marketing calendar to insure on time delivery of content, toolkits, strategic direction, internal sell-in and alignment tools, and all other seasonal product marketing deliverables.
- Conduct seasonal reviews with key stakeholders to determine effectiveness of product campaigns and tactics, and then apply learnings to future seasons.
- Educate, align and influence the wider organization on product marketing strategy.
- Attend key marketing, product and sales dept. meetings to gain greater brand and sales insight and give input.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- This position requires strong brand and product management experience with further experience in creating and implementing product, technology and sub-brand strategy in a global organization.
- Strong leadership, management, and mentoring experience in teams of 3-5+ direct reports.
- Global brand marketing experience within the footwear/apparel industry, with experience in a product marketing role.
- 8+ years experience with proven ability to create, plan and execute brand strategies and product brand plans.
- 5+ years experience managing a large product catalog and identifying/prioritizing key marketing styles in partnership with merchandising, sales, product, retail and marketing teams.
- 8+ years experience translating business objectives, product benefits, and product stories into consumer facing creative executions and toolkits.
- 5+ years global brand management experience in a consumer product company (with international experience an added benefit)
- Able to work independently towards established objectives.
- Able to create and present product marketing materials with clarity of thought, actionable next steps, and inspirational delivery.
- Experience identifying and leveraging global consumer insights
- Comfortable/capable managing up, down and across complex organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- High culture/trend/style/technology IQ
- Passion for the outdoors and the Columbia brand in its current and future state
- Ability to work through and drive change in the organization and processes.
- College degree required. Advanced degree a bonus but not required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age