Area Manager - Pure Yoga
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Equinox
Pure Yoga is looking for an Area Manager to manage the Pure Yoga studios. The Area Manager oversees all studio operations with a heavy focus on membership sales, and reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development at Equinox. The individual develops and identifies talent, trains and develops the sales teams, drives studio revenue and expense goals, leads day-to-day operations, and maintains Pure Yoga's high level of standards and customer service. This individual is an unrelenting "execution expert" with a strong presence in the studio to ensure our strategy is delivered every day to every member. The Area Manager will oversee Pure East and Pure West along with additional locations (should expansion occur) and must work well in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment.
- Lead the studio managers of the two Pure Yoga locations - Provide day-to-day direction and guidance and recruit, hire, develop, and retain managers and sales advisors as needed for both Pure Yoga Locations. Perform all appropriate staff appraisals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountable for financial performance of the studios. Ensure teams are tracking towards monthly revenue and cost budgets. Contribute to the development of annual and monthly budgets, goals and projections for each studio. Ensure the execution of Pure Yoga's standard policies and procedures for business and financial management.
- Leader of the membership sales function across both studios. Acquire, train and develop talent for membership advisor roles. Provide leadership on sales processes, promotional calendar and community lead generation efforts in conjunction with studio teams.
- Provide leadership on overall member experience. Lead rollout and implementation of any changes to programming, amenities or facilities.
- Act as central point of contact with Equinox shared support services and Pure Yoga operations - including but not limited to HR, Finance, IT, Facilities and Retail.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ Years in Multi-unit Management Experience in the Hospitality, Retail, Fitness Industry or related Lifestyle field
- Must have proven ability to hire, direct, coach, train, grow, and evaluate staff resulting in a strong retention record
- Experience with sales, ideally hospitality, corporate account or membership sales. Experience hitting sales goals, and training/developing sales teams
- Experience managing a business including P&L, sales and service performance.
- Proven financial, business and talent planning, and history of meeting or exceeding financial targets
- Ability to utilize new techniques, ideas and problem solving skills
- Ambitious and driven
- Availability to work holidays, weekends is required
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- High standards of quality and customer focus
- Superior verbal communication skills with ability to interact well in a diverse community - inspire studio staff and influence senior management
- Project management skills - proven ability to oversee multiple projects with objective of prioritizing and investing time appropriately
- Team player who understands the importance of the role as a key support function to the operating team and the Company
- Ability and desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal customers
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Pure Yoga membership
- Discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE