Sr Manager, Security
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by AEG
Senior Manager, Security is responsible for NYCB Live overseeing security operations for AEG, including but not limited to, anti-terrorism, risk management, loss prevention, safety, training, investigations and intelligence, budgeting, emergency preparedness, disaster prevention, and personnel management. This individual will be concerned with the monitoring and assessment of threats or attacks and the impact and possible losses that might ensue, as well as, to balance these losses against the costs of security procedures that may reduce these losses.
- Lead NYCB Live security initiatives and operations including developing, maintaining, and overseeing the operation of security tools, processes, and policies to defend, detect, and respond to threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks targeting the company;
- Provide cross-functional leadership of security operations activities including vulnerability mitigation, incident response, and risk assessments;
- Develop, coordinate, and implement policies, standards, and procedures to safeguard the company;
- Prepare a security business plan and the operating and capital budgets for the group;
- Establish measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with security, and other business strategies
- Lead managers responsible for identifying security service vendors, negotiating contracts, and implementing new systems or procedures;
- Responsible for championing awareness, influencing compliance with security policies, and providing solutions for business specific security issues;
- Champion, communicate, and take personal ownership of the security strategy and success criteria;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of effectively managing both internal and external customer requirements and measurement criteria:
- Establish positive and collaborative relationships with customers, including local, state, & federal fire, police authorities and international authorities;
- Develop, create and implement an accepted and sustainable security culture;
- Ensure processing, adjudication and disposition of corporate personnel security actions are in compliance with US Government and International statutory, regulatory, customer contractual and business requirements.
- A BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Criminal Justice, Sports Management or related
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience as a high level Security professional
- Understanding of security methods and technical elements to protect the organization;
- In depth knowledge of US Defense and Intelligence Community personnel security requirements, standards and operations in industry and government;
- Budgetary input and responsibility for security personnel based on current and future platform enhancement, as well as, investigative and intelligence activities;
- Ability to understand business issues and processes and to articulate the business context of projects and processes;
- Active participation on security-related industry groups and advisory boards;
- Ability to effectively manage, motivates, and leads the members of the security team;
- Ability to lead a cultural shift in security operations and awareness for the organization;
- Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of CCTV, fire alarm systems, computerized access control systems, and wireless radio communication;
- Experience with or knowledge of security-related legislation and regulation;
- Experience with innovative optimization of leading performance standards for Security processes.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.