IT Operations Manager
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Orangetheory Fitness
The IT Operations Manager is a hands on manager who is responsible for the stability, integrity, and performance of all infrastructure environments. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure and cloud services experience, excellent vendor management skills and have a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Work in an Agile-based environment to build, operate, monitor and maintain cloud-based platforms and solutions for mission-critical systems.
2. Responsible for driving operational excellence by implementing strategies for continuous integration/continuous delivery of Product Teams on the AWS Platform and any dependent software on the cloud.
3. Instrument systems to provide the best possible operational monitoring and metrics
4. Assist with performance testing, tuning, and monitoring of complex and high-traffic environments
5. Update and enhance written processes and documentation with a focus on ease of understanding and completeness.
6. Develop relationships with and work alongside other functional IT groups such as networking, storage, database and security.
7. Engage in problem resolution and root cause analysis of system and application incidents
8. Operate, support and improve our tools for continuous deployment, and release management.
9. Drive increased efficiency across our agile product delivery teams, eliminating duplication and leveraging product and technology reuse.
10. Work alongside Solutions Architects to design efficient platform ecosystem to enable DevOps maturity and release pipeline autonomy.
11. Document and advocate adoption of our continuous delivery/continuous integration processes and tools to increase product team productivity.
12. Participate in on-call rotation, receiving and responding to daytime and after-hours alerts
13. Perform after-hours or weekend system maintenance and application support as needed
14. Participate in change management and incident management processes
Required Education and Experience
1. 4-year degree in IT related course of study
2. 8+ years of relevant IT experience in large / complex IT architecture environments
3. Minimum 4+ years' experience or strong working knowledge of DevOps practices, tools and techniques.
4. Minimum 4+ years' experience or strong working knowledge of automating the build, configuration, and maintenance of IaaS and PaaS solutions in either AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud platforms
5. Experience working in a DevOps team or similar role.
6. Experience in automating the build and configuration of IaaS based solutions on a public cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google). Azure is preferred.
7. Prior experience working with: container technology such as Docker, version control systems (Bitbucket, Github, etc.), build management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, VSTS, etc.), and monitoring tools (Sumo Logic, NewRelic, Splunk, etc.) REST APIs, JSON, and YAML.
8. Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and spoken communication.
9. Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
10. Strong scripting experience with either Powershell or Python.
11. Preferred, but not required: experience with software provisioning/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
12. A general understanding of networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, DNS, etc.
13. Experience designing, implementing, or maintaining highly secure infrastructure solutions.
This position currently does have supervisory responsibility.