Data Engineer - Beaverton
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Do you have a passion for digital technology, innovation and problem solving?
Are you curious about how to turn billions of events and signals into meaningful information that not only provides insights into the present but also help predict the future? Are you interested in applying Data Streaming and Big Data Technology along with Machine Learning to help deliver personalized experiences? If so, come join the talented team of engineers that are a driving force behind data engineering solutions at Nike.
These are the characteristics that we strive for in our own work. We would love to hear from candidates who embody the same:
*Passionate about data and striving for excellence
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience, 2+ years of relevant big data/relational db experience
- Strong programming experience, Scala preferred
- Experience working with Big Data streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building domain-driven Microservices
- Experience provisioning RESTful API's to enable real-time data consumption
- Experience in Python or Java
- Experience working with Hadoop and Big Data processing frameworks (Spark, Hive, Nifi, Spark-Streaming, Flink, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience with PIG and HIVE
- Experience participating in key business, architectural and technical decisions
- Experience designing, estimating and executing for complex software projects
- Experience providing guidance and mentoring junior engineers Understanding basic DW design: Star Schema vs snowflake: types of dims, types of fact tables Experience with AWS
- Experience with 1-2+ years SSIS to help troubleshoot current code base
- Experience with 1-2+ yearsT-SQL Querying, stored procedures