Metabolic Specialist - Ardmore
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Life Time Fitness
Click here to watch a video that highlights why Life Time Training is the premier destination for your fitness career!
As a Metabolic Specialist with Life Time Training, you will drive Metabolic Assessments, Metabolic Conditionings and Health Technology programs for the Life Time Training department. These three programs are at the core of the Life Time Training Method and it is important that the Metabolic Specialist ensures the personal training staff education, program revenue performance and the member experience are exceptional. The power of Core 3 is our unmatched ability to address all areas of our members' health and fitness needs to achieve optimal results. As a team member of the Life Time Training division, you are able to advance your career in the fitness industry by providing your expertise and gaining experience in the following areas:
KNOW ITComprehensive Assessments
Education, testing, and technology to help our members' know how their unique bodies work.
(Examples: Lab Testing, Metabolic Assessments, Devices, Activity Monitors, myHealthScore)
NOURISH ITPersonalized Nutrition and Lifestyle
Professional advice, products and strategies to fuel and enrich our members' healthy way of life.
(Examples: Nutrition Coaching, Nutritional Products, Supplements, Registered Dietitians)
MOVE ITCustomized Workouts
Activities, events, and programs to keep our members' engaged in healthy and entertaining ways.
(Examples: Private Training, Weight Loss, Metabolic Coaching, TEAM Classes, Pilates)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform Active Metabolic Assessments and Resting Metabolic Assessments as well as design Metabolic Conditioning programs for members and team members.
- Market, promote and connect Life Time members to our Metabolic Assessment, Metabolic Conditioning & Health Technology programs.
- Ensure the Life Time Training team members market, promote, and connect our members to our Metabolic Assessment, Metabolic Conditioning and Health Technology programs so that they exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Ensure the Life Time Training team members are integrating the data from members' assessments into their training programs.
- Develop and support a team of metabolic technicians who will also perform metabolic assessments on members and team members.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on metabolic technician team members and manage the metabolic assessment schedule.
- Perform a maximum of 15 hours of personal 1:1 clients, partner sessions, small group training or large group training classes per week.
- Educate new Life Time Training team members on the impact and value of following a Metabolic Conditioning program for themselves and their clients.
- Ensure the metabolic assessment equipment is always working properly and manage the inventory of the metabolic testing kits.
- Participate in and lead various member events to broaden the awareness and impact of the Metabolic Conditioning program.
- Work closely with the other Life Time Training leadership team members to ensure the training team members are providing fantastic member results and revenue performance.
Education & Experience
- Four-year degree in kinesiology, sports medicine or other related field preferred
- Three to five years in the health and fitness industry
- Cardiovascular athletes or enthusiasts (runners, cyclists, swimmers, triathletes) are preferred
- A minimum of one year experience with heart rate training and heart rate monitors
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience performing metabolic assessments (VO2 max and resting metabolic rate) and assessment interpretations with programming recommendations
Licenses / Certifications/ Registrations
- Certified Personal Trainer (Minimum of One Certification):
CPR/AED Certification within 6 months of hire
- All Life Time team members receive:
- Complimentary Life Time membership
- Team member discounts for Life Time products & services
Additional Full Time Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Industry-leading Education and Training
- Flexible Spending Account Dependent (day) Care Account
- Levels Education Program to promote professional & financial growth
- Competitive Commission Structure