Resource Coord I
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by ESPN
Identify, organize and coordinate operational projects relevant to the administration of ESPN-produced events. Focus on maximizing efficiencies for Remote Operations by identifying existing policies and marrying them to future processes. Work closely with Resource Management and tenured staff to develop new methodology for freelancer payment submission, tax and accounting verification, and usage scheduling. Candidate must be able to react in a timely manner against all Programming assignments, and work closely with Remote Operations management personnel. This role may be required to travel to remote sites during its tenure.
- Focus on Resource Projects for policy and/or process enhancement (as assigned by Resource Manager).
- Should have basic knowledge of the payment process from start to finish, for all hired personnel. Must be able to provide payment details, as well as process individual payments, as necessary.
- Provide operational support to all sport teams, focusing primarily on issues surrounding freelance personnel. Receive and process all operational personnel invoices and expenses.
- Facilitate streamlined payment process for big events, including but not limited to Monday Night Football, XGames, and College Football and College Basketball.
- Work intimately with Accounting and Disney Shared Services on managing daily freelancer and vendor payment information for Remote Operations. Facilitate processing of all freelance expense reports. Responsible for managing and tracking of all freelancer usage.
- Manage all Technical Services Contract Lists, or similar, for Remote Operations. Verify, process, and file electronically as required. Track and review Crew sheets. Verify and confirm work hours.
- Process and track all Vendor W9 applications and submissions; troubleshoot as necessary.
- Interface daily with Disney Share Services, Accounting, Business Operations, and Programming Finance. Will be expected to learn, understand and navigate our NCS, SAP and Playbook systems.
- Maintain event personnel lists, ensuring the accuracy of work start and end dates and coordinate with the operations department to ensure that personnel are hired properly. Ensure that all hired personnel complete necessary corporate paperwork and guide it through the system.
- Participate regularly in Operations meetings and conference calls.
- Has a basic understanding of technical remote positions, their functions, responsibilities, and necessary skills.
- Must be willing to work occasional nights and/or weekends depending on the project needs.
- Typically, incumbent has at least one (1) year of related technical, crewing and/or operational planning and procurement in Remote Broadcasting.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication.
- Administers to proper hiring and payment policies.
- Maintains communication flow with peers in sharing best practices and maximizing contractor relationships.
- Basic computer experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business communications or related preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of SAP and Direct Pay systems strongly preferred.
- Has working knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical School degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.