Director of Sales and Marketing
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by AEG
Manage and supervise the day to day activities of the Oracle Arena and Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum Sales & Marketing Department, to include but not limited to, marketing and promotion of events; managing social media accounts and outlets; managing media event coverage and promotional partners; managing concert club programs and leading sales development of groups.
- Work closely with the Oakland Booking Manager to assist in efforts to book citywide convention/tradeshows/events
- Supervise and oversee the sales and marketing staff/Interns
- Perform all sales-related functions in support of the venues marketing plan, including, but not limited to, Account solicitation in the local, state, regional, and national markets; Organize and send clients pre-event information and following up on all other aspects that affect each booking; Initiate, negotiate, and implement formal license agreements; Handle all pre-event correspondence and meetings until such time as the account can be turned over to an event manager and/or the Food/Beverage Department
- Execute effective promotional initiatives highlighting both venues
- Develop the basic sales and marketing plan to include advertising, specialty advertising items, etc.
- Carry out specific marketing plans relating to major events using support of advertising, specialty advertising items and other related sales functions.
- Knowledgeable of the basic concept of Events and assist in selling and marketing direction
- Maintain liaison with local news agencies and local suppliers by taking an active part in all facets of the industry
- Such other duties, functions, special projects, and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Events, Sales and Marketing
- Knowledgeable in all administrative and operational procedures and must maintain a high public and professional image at all times in representing the Arena & Coliseum
- Provide quarterly reports, or as needed, to the General Manager regarding inquiries, bookings, site visits, and other sales/marketing promotional programs.
- Develop and maintain Sales & Marketing plan to attract vendors, shows, events, etc.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Science (4 year) in Marketing, Business or a related field (Advanced Degree is preferred)>
- 7-10 years of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the Hospitality/Entertainment industry plus multiple years of managing sales people
- Experience using and/or managing a CRM system.
- Proven leadership in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently change focus when needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and the ability to learn required business systems
- Ability to present information effectively and ability respond to questions/inquiries from co-workers, clients and customers in a timely manner
- Ability to independently and drive results
- Ability to work long hours, evenings and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Demonstrated professional demeanor with ability to work with high profile clients, tenants, etc.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Cost Plus World Market
Market Hall Foods