Vice President, Concert & Event Booking
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by AEG
The Vice President of Concert and Event Booking's will oversee the booking and organization of Talent, Touring Artists and shows for STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater. The incumbent will be responsible for sourcing talent, negotiating, and securing deals with high priority clients and promoters.
- Responsible for making deals with high priority clients. Negotiate deals with agents and create offers for talent. Communicate with artist and artist management. Secure calendar holds with venue and artists.
- Work with marketing and ticketing for build of show, advise on flow for announce and on sale. Evaluate all shows on sale and make adjustments to ticketing and marketing where necessary to ensure maximum profit.
- Ensure that events are processed correctly, and all departments have appropriate information. Point of contact for high priority clients. Work on settlements internally with accounting.
- Seek out new business opportunities. Conduct site visits at new venues and festival sites to evaluate profit potential. Make recommendations for new opportunities. Build and cultivate new and existing relationships with sponsors, venues, co-promoters, artists, agents and managers.
- Maintain and evaluate budget. Create budgets both annually and on a per show basis. Perform monthly re-forecasting.
- Support with special projects as needed.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- 5 + years experience buying concert talent
- Previous Arena and/or Theater experience
- Must have established positive relationships with major agents, managers, artists and associated personnel.
- Must have understanding of local market to maximize event performance.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to learn other required business systems
- Ability to interpret and analyze budgets, ticket audits, agreements, etc.
- Must be able to develop and execute creative marketing strategies for all shows within pre-determined budgets.
- Ability to execute duties in professional and confidential manner while maintaining a high level of independence.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to work with multiple teams and people of all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to oversee all aspects of concert execution including booking artists, negotiating contract deals and riders, marketing, ticketing, production logistics and settlements, guests lists/ticket requests for all events.
- Very good interpersonal skills; works well with others.
- Excellent listening and communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)