Asst General Mgr - Shelby Facillty
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As our Assistant General Manager for Nike's 1.3 million square foot omni-channel apparel facility (Shelby Distribution Center) located in Memphis, TN, you'll direct all aspects of a multi-shift operation by providing leadership through Operations Directors, ensure flawless performance and results, execute functional business plans and contribute to the development of operational strategies throughout our global supply chain. You'll develop talent to maximize opportunities for growth both within the Shelby DC and throughout Nike Inc. You'll routinely conduct analysis and appraisals of the effectiveness of all operations and systems; investigate new process improvements to increase efficiencies and present recommendations and strategies for implementation. You'll track labor, throughput and productivity to support the production of monthly performance and executive summary reports. Additionally, as a member of the leadership team, you will have the opportunity to lead and present large project work to Nike's North American Supply Chain Leadership Teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, , Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or a related discipline
- 10 years of progressive management level operational experience
- Multi-level broad range distribution experience, preferably involving end-to-end distribution experience in a fast-paced automated facility
- Experience with state of the art automation in a high volume distribution environment
- Experience with WMS - Manhattan experience preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supply chain logistics processes including, demand planning, distribution requirements planning, inventory management, manufacturing planning, material planning, inventory control, transportation and logistics planning, and market place operations.
- Thorough understanding of logistics impact on diverse organization departmental goals
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in supply chain management in order to support process improvement through LEAN distribution principles
- Experience effectively managing a multi-million dollar P&L
- Experience with a contingent workforce, metric scorecards, high-performance teams and total quality is preferred