QA Analyst (contract)
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by EA Sports
Save the planet from alien invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - it's the coolest job on the planet!
Quality Analyst I
The Challenge Ahead:
Quality Assurance Analysts perform a vital role in game development, supporting iterative development of AAA game titles. Essentially, you are the expert and voice of quality for an assigned game, franchise or feature. The job involves playing (i.e., testing) the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game's performance against the designer's intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, they act as the game's first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. Analysts steer the quality of features and content throughout the game development process.
What a QA Analyst does at EA:
You're the expert in your area. For this role, you will be working with the Madden NFL team, verifying content relevant to the NFL season. You will live monitor high impact issues and user sentiment, monitor the Game Economy, and escalate issues as appropriate. If you have advanced football knowledge, that's a big plus.
Most of your time will be spent developing, performing and documenting test procedures to verify problem fixes. You'll provide technical assistance and troubleshooting to QA testers on the team and work with Project Leadership to implement and track all relevant KPI's (key performance indicators).
Additionally you will investigate and track relevant data from assigned projects for KPI reporting, contribute to the development and follow-up of test plans and materials, and escalate critical issues to Development or QA.
The next great EA QA Analyst also needs:
- High level Excel experience
- Familiarity with PC/Console hardware/software/peripheral knowledge.
- Specialized post-secondary degree/diploma or work equivalent is a plus.
- Familiarity with Perforce is a plus.
- Familiarity with iOS, Android, Windows or OSX is a plus
- Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills) :
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work with limited supervision.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Communicates in clear and concise manner, written and verbal.
- Cooperates, collaborates, and works toward common goal with others.
- Familiarity with Madden modes Franchise Mode, Madden Ultimate Team, and Draft Champions is a plus.
- Avid Gamer
You must be available to work your full-time business hours Monday through Friday (some Overtime may be required) to be considered for this position. This position is located at the EA Tiburon studio in Maitland (Orlando) and work-from-home is not available.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k program with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- More about our location:
- Our work schedule: 10 am-7pm Monday-Friday (flexible), overtime as needed
- Contact me on LinkedIn: