Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by YMCA
Oversees the operations of the aquatics department..
Lattof International YMCA
Des Plaines, IL
Oversees the operations of the aquatics department and programs, including staff supervision, budget management, and planning. Coordinates and supervises the day-to-day operation of aquatic programs. Maintains records, schedules staff, and ensures proper pool maintenance. Provides swim instruction and life guarding as necessary.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation or related field with 1 to 3 years aquatics experience with at least 3 years supervisory experience.
- Current YMCA or ARC Lifeguard certification.
- Proficient in swimming and safety skills.
- Must pass a water skills test and written exam.
- Must be mentally alert to dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers.
- Physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR and First Aide effectively.
- Physical mobility to properly use aquatic equipment to rescue a 200lb person.
- Physically able to see, hear, and communicate clearly.
- Able to read, write, and perform basic math to complete daily chemical logs and individual must possess strong organizational, budgetary, computer and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to train swim and fitness instructors.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Requires trainer-level certification in YMCA Swim Lessons: Fitness Classes, Youth & Adult, Preschool, and Child/Parent.
- Manages aquatic programs, complying with all Association standards and safety procedures. In addition, also responsible for hiring, training and supervising staff and volunteers for all aquatic programs.
- Develops, manages, and monitors aquatic department budgets. Assesses and recommends budgeting for facility and equipment needs.
- Also provides data and reports on assigned programs in support of the planning process of the branch and Association.
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign, and other volunteer committees as assigned.
- Develops, produces and disseminates appropriate program information in order to promote aquatic programs to the public and to current members.
- Ensures that program areas, equipment and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Report any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
- Completes all other projects as assigned by the Executive Director. Support the interest of the Association as defined by the Director, President and Boards and the strategic plans of those entities.
Apply by Email
Apply by Mail to:
Richard Harper, 1030 W. Van Buren St., Chicago IL, 60607-
Resumes Accepted Until